To the senior who’s about to graduate high school
Education

To The Senior Graduating High School

a little bit about growing up

529
To The Senior Graduating High School
Austin Bennett

First of all, congratulations. You have done it, you are graduating. It has taken years and years of hard work and dedication to make it to this point in your life. A huge part of your life is closing, and that can be exciting and scary all at the same time.

I remember graduation, it was roughly one year ago. It's a little overwhelming, especially if you are like me and don't really like thinking about the future. It can be scary. But it will definitely be a day that you will remember for a very long time.

Cherish your graduation because it will be over in a flash. Next thing you'll know, you'll be off to college, trade school, or internship of some sort. Your life is just beginning! There are so many opportunities out in this world so never limit yourself and your abilities.

Here is a little bit of advice though. You do not need to go to college. It's as simple as that. College is not for everyone. If you want to give it a shot, go for it. But if it's truly making you unhappy. Then stop going. Yes, education is important, but there's more out there than university.

All I want you to do is educate yourself in something. Anything! Go get a contraction listens, work for a company, start your own business, sell your art, etc. etc. The point is, don't stop now that you have that diploma from your high school. Go out and further yourself in something.

Follow your heart and dreams. Life's too short to be doing things you hate. Educate yourself, build a career, and live your life. You have so much to look forward to after that graduation ceremony. I believe in everyone one of you and you all will go out and do great things.

Again, I want to say congratulations. You all have made tremendous steps towards a successful life. May your final days in high school be special and memorial and best of luck for the future.