Self-Worth, Economics, And A Couple Other Things I've Learned This Year So Far

I just made myself a new hero in my books. I finally believe in myself!

1093

Dear me,

I know this may sound absurd, but there are some things in my life that have changed. For one thing, I have been feeling really happy in my own skin a bit more than usual. Ever since I tried out new hairstyles and new cute clothing items, I have began to feel relaxed and care-free what anyone might think of me.

It made me feel like something in me has sparked a new sense of balance that was not already there from before. As a matter of fact, I knew I was pretty all along. Although that prettiness factor can be shaped by social media beauty concepts and all, my own self-made beauty was definitely combined through wit, knowledge, and a combination of it all. I finally grasped it after a long time in college.

The key to loving yourself is trying out new styles: you could dress vintage, street style, chic, and trendy — but try to keep yourself on your own terms, too. Remember: college is a time to experiment. Most girls might be feeling insecure, too!

Additionally, dressing up for class is never a bad way to express your wants and desires. Who knows what could happen? You just might happen to bump into some cute girl or guy and tell them how good they look in that dress or jacket! It can feel really great! But it doesn't end at all there. You have to love yourself before the endorphins kick in. So strut in those heels and own that jacket like it's yours!

I wouldn't want to say that seeking attention is something you need to do to gain acceptance. We all should love ourselves before giving others permission to love us back. Take a moment to reflect on your best picture and outfit. Has it made you happier than before? What makes you feel happy? Do something to bring up your self-esteem and practice self-care. Wear heavy eye makeup if you want to! No one will stop you! Start with saying I look gorgeous and I know it!

With that said, I have been recently obsessed with politics and economics. One thing that currently fascinated me this semester was the concept of neoliberalism. I truly advocate for the idea of a society where people believe in a free trade world. As Hayek, the father of neoliberalism once said, the idea of economic competition can be balanced by economic calculation, wealth, value, exchange, costs, and price.

With that said, price can be a way to allocate scarce resources as stated by need and utility. Supply and demand can cause markets to be competitive and sprawling with free competition. Society as a whole can shape the economy into an autonomous sphere. In that sense, more men and women usually might compete to gain their own self-interests and scarce rewards.

That being said, Hayek also stated that neoliberalism fosters the assumption that the market provides the necessary protection against totalitarianism. However, to keep the competition going, the states need to keep the market free. Neoliberalism usually means in a free market and classical liberalism society. A classical liberalism society coincides with the idea of leaving us alone. This is very true because the state is usually active in the organization of a market economy.