The Importance of Total Self-Love

The Importance of Total Self-Love

No one else's opinions matter.

5

Am I not pretty enough?

Am I not skinny enough?

Am I not good enough?

What is wrong with me… These three things use to keep going on repeat in my head all day long every single day.

These thoughts have actually kept me in bed for days before... I have been so depressed; it's just kept me in my bed thinking I wasn't good enough.

OK, I am going to give some background. I have been single for eight years. Well, these feelings just started two years ago... These feelings all started when I fell for a guy two years ago. At first things were amazing and I felt great because things were going so well, then it all took an awful turn. Things no longer were going as well as I had hoped they would. We then just stopped talking and it left me wondering why... Was I not enough? Then all these things started to pop into my head making me feel like complete crap.

I have spent hours crying to my friends about how God awful i feel about myself! They all tell me how amazing of a person I am and I just didn't see it. I have recently worked on myself and I feel so much better! I have worked so hard to get to the point of being able to say...

I am pretty enough.

I don't have to be super skinny to be amazing!

I am good enough.

I have learned that no one else's opinion matters. The only one that matters is my own. I don't have to change for anyone but myself.