ideas for self improvement
Lifestyles

Self Improvement Is An Everyday Progress

Some things you can do to help yourself improve mentally and spiritually within this summer and onwards

50
https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/en/view-image.php?image=212717&picture=feet-on-stairs

This year was something definitely memorable. Despite it only being June, this year has come with its happy moments, but also with the most difficult moments.

Within the school year, I struggled a lot mentally and spiritually because of so many things. Thankfully through years of doing outreach programs since I was 10 years old, I learned how to keep my spirits up when times get rough and how to maintain a healthy mindset.

One thing that helped me a lot that most people might find exhausting sometimes is writing out how you are feeling at the moment of such difficulty and darkness. Although it takes up some time, it genuinely helps to get out all those feelings on paper because I can now picture all the things that I need to focus on to change my emotions. Being able to see what your feeling on paper, you can sometimes think about what situations are causing you to feel that way which can be very helpful.

Another thing that helps tremendously is listening to music. Listening to music that is all about boosting your mood and giving you some positive vibes is EVERYTHING! I listen to music from Demi Lovato such as Sorry Not Sorry and it just brings me into a calm and energetic mentality. I love it!

One last thing that helps is meditation and walking. I use the app called CALM and it is a meditation app that does different types of meditation like a week-long meditation that focuses on relaxation. I think having some sort of meditation that includes sounds and music as well as talking is very helpful because it helps to relax the body and mind. Finally, walking sometimes throughout your day can help so much! Being able to feel the fresh air and thinking about your thoughts while listening to music helps because it gives you time to be alone and just reflect about your week, day, or just the last hour you spent doing something potentially stressful for you.

Being able to figure out what helps can take time, but it helps when you are open to trying anything new that may interest you. Whether it be listening to new music, trying out some new exercise classes like boxing, or even just finding new locations to just relax. It is thinking about everything that actually makes you feel like you are in a happy and relaxed place in your life. Once you figure out what makes you feel like that rather it be a location, a playlist, an activity, then you will start to feel much better spirituality and mentally.

Just remember, self-improvement is an everyday progress. Be you and be true!