Spreading positivity and self-fulfilling prophecy

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy

Technically following your dreams?

15
Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
sara enyeart (2019)

Self-fulfilling prophecy is usually defined as one's prediction of events in their future life and the phenomenon of these predictions coming true out of sheer will. My dad first introduced me to this term exactly a year ago, when I was a bundle of nerves heading into my senior year of high school. I was beginning to complete college applications, and I was lacking the confidence in myself that my hard work would eventually pay off. Once I began to narrow down my list, one criteria had always been written on the back of my mind "a great move across the country". I shortened my list even further to the point where a majority of the schools I was planning on applying to were on the East Coast. I started to have doubts in my mind about making such a tremendous move and what it would mean to leave my whole life behind. Just a few weeks before applications were due, my dad sat me down and began telling me that no matter where I end up, it's up to me to make the most out of my experience, my situation, and my new home. In order to obtain positive encounters out of new environments, you have to put forth that same effort. The same goes for self-fulfilling prophecy. Positivity will manifest in our daily lives if we truly have faith in our values and our futures. I firmly believe that those who choose to focus on the brighter side of life will always find themselves walking along the path of light in their journey, and the same will go for the opposite; those who focus their energy on everything that is wrong with their lives will never be fully satisfied with who they are. I know it's our duty as the future generation to give back in abundance to our communities in need, and really the only way to do so is with our heads lifted high and our never-ending motivation to manifest positivity in the lives around us. My challenge to you is to imagine your list of goals, whether it’s a list of daily goals, or the 10-year plan, begin to have a more optimistic outlook on your life going forward and that optimism will grow tenfold.