College Self Care Tips For Finals Week

Ah, finals week.

It is horrible. I am so sorry you are going through this.

The end of the semester is hard for everyone. This is the end of a chapter and whether you are continuing school next semester or moving on to your next part of life, it's important to take care of yourself during the process. Your mind is probably filled with flash cards, final paper dates, and powerpoint slides for those final presentations.

The most crucial part of the end of every semester is to take care of yourself and your own mental health. If you lose your own sanity, then you are probably not going to end the year the way you would like to anyways. Have no fear, self-care tips are here to help you during this time.

1. Apply a sheet face mask the morning of your final.

Nothing says "I'm going to kill my final" like a shiny new face. Slap on a face mask and get ready to ace that test.

2. Need a study break? Paint your nails instead of scrolling social media.

While we all love a good selfie pic, social media can add up to the stress you may already be feeling. Social media has never been a golden ticket for a clean mental health slate anyways. Skip the digital distractions and give your nails a happy makeover.

3. Do a hair mask after you finish your final paper.

Let the English major tell you after you write your paper, you need to take a few minutes away from it before checking for errors. Once you hit your final sentence, throw on a hair mask, take a shower and then do your final read. If you don't have a Lush nearby to pick up a hair mask, you can do one of these DIYs.

4. Follow a yoga routine on YouTube before bed.

You need a hot minute, or a hot thirty minutes, to let your mind escape from everything going on. Here is one of my favorite series if you need a place to get started.

5. Treat yourself to a movie night.

Most theaters offer $5 movie nights or student discounts and nothing is a better escape than being forced to focus on something else besides homework. No distractions. Just pure enjoyment. And popcorn, if you decide to get some popcorn.

6. Write down the things you've accomplished this year and the goals you have for next year.

We never stop learning and we never stop growing. Acknowledge the things you've accomplished this year and look forward to life after finals week to see what you want to achieve next year.