The Secret Of Happiness

The Secret Of Happiness

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” - Albus Dumbledore

105
The Secret Of Happiness

What is the most difficult question a person could ask you? Don't over complicate it, the answer is quite simple.

"How is life?"

What a loaded question, huh? How is life? Where do you start? There are so many different things going on in a person's life at one time. I'll bet the most common answer is the easiest and quickest one that comes to mind.

"It's alright."

That's the easy way out, "It's alright." Just think about it, you have so many intricate pieces that form the puzzle that is your life. So many different ways to describe it, and you chose, "It's alright"? Maybe there are some other forces at work here. Maybe there's a piece missing from your puzzle. Maybe you had it and then lost it, or maybe you never had it at all? Let me ask you this: Are you happy?

Are you genuinely happy in your life?

Regardless of your answer to this question, I'd like to tell you the truth of this overall big question: "How is life?"

The truth is, life isn't perfect. It isn't glitz and glamour or perfect story-book endings. No, life is mostly dark. It isn't all bad though. You see, sprinkled in-between all that darkness, there are small, perfect, delicate, glorious little slivers of light. Light in the purest possible of forms. Some people are destined to encounter more of these ever-so-rare slivers across their life than others. There's no telling or knowing as to how this selection occurs, it's just fat random chance. You either have it or you don't. What is this mysterious light called, you ask?

It's called: "Happiness."

Oh, don't be scared! Just because you haven't felt much happiness in your life, doesn't mean that you are doomed to live without it! I'll let you in on a little secret.

YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN HAPPINESS!

It's not as surprising as you may believe it to be. You see, just because there is little happiness given to you, it doesn't mean that you can't have more. You just have to find ways to create it. In times of darkness, do what is meaningful. Do what gives you life.

There is more to happiness than just a smile. Smiles can be faked, I know all too well. But real, pure, happiness? That cannot be faked. It lives inside you, me, in everyone. So don't give up. Not now, not ever. Skies may darken, but they will always eventually clear.

So now you know. The next time someone asks you, "How is life?" You aren't gonna tell them, "It's alright."

No, you're going to tell them whatever your truth is. If your life is going fantastically, you tell that person so. If you're going through some dark times, you admit that you need some support. And if you find yourself split down the middle of the road, you tell them that you're working on finding your way.

Remember, YOU control the happiness in your life. So don't give up.

Not now, not ever.