How you can travel a lot too

My Secret To Being Able To Travel So Much

Truth is, it's no secret. Just common sense.

210

I get asked all the time how I am able to travel so much. So far this year, I have visited multiple cities and countries! In January, I went to Boston and Rhode Island. I traveled back home to South Carolina in the spring. In May I had crazy weekends that included going to Connecticut, and road tripping down to Panama City Beach, FL

Out of the normal traveling, I went on my honeymoon to Italy, France, and Spain! Just a word of advice, cruising is a very efficient way to travel and see more than one place at a time. After that, I took my husband to my hometown in Maine. This past weekend I visited NYC and this coming Friday I will be flying to Austin, TX.

This year will conclude with maybe another trip back home to the south and Christmas in Chicago. While all of that sounds glorious, it was exhausting at times. Long car rides, delayed flights, lonely train rides, but that is what it takes if you want to see the world. A small price to pay to be cultured and travel.

My not so secret, secret #1 is my job. I am beyond blessed with my career. I am able to work from home or wherever I get cell phone signal and wifi. So 90% of the time, when I am off seeing the world, I am still on the phone answering emails and taking phone calls. I just never posted about that, so you, in turn never see it.

Secret #2 is saving money, I am a hoarder when it comes to money, which is good and bad. Sometimes you have to say no to the new purse so that you can afford another bus ticket. You have to save for what you want, and if you really want it, saving should be easy. You can't take your belongings with you when you go, but you can take all the memories and experiences you made.

Secret #3 is that if you can help it, never go to the same place twice. For example, my husband wanted to go back to the Carribean for a vaca and I hard-passed on that. I always tell him "We can go back, once we've been everywhere else".

Also, with that being said, get a travel partner that wants to see the world with you. Sometimes, I fly solo since I have a bit more time, but the best trips are always the ones where we are together.

Secret #4 is I moved around A LOT growing up. Due to this, I have friends and family all over the place, and I take advantage of that. "Oh, I can stay at your house and not get a hotel? SOLD!"

Last but not least, find a happy medium. My husband is a legitimate planner, with itineraries and everything. Me, on the other hand, I plan the big stuff and wing the rest. While that works for me, it drives him crazy. So find a happy medium.

Sometimes the best memories happen in between the planned stuff. So don't get too bogged down with maps and schedules. Get lost, find your own way, see the world, just don't die.