7 Things You Do That Secretly Drive Your Roommates Crazy

How many are you guilty of?
1688

No one ever claimed it was easy to live with someone. Having roommates can be tough sometimes but necessary. Sometimes they'll annoy you to the ends of the earth. And sometimes, though this may be a shock to you, you'll annoy them too. Here are some things you may be doing that secretly drive your roommate crazy.

1. Use the last of something without replacing it

For the love of all that is good in this world, if you use the last of the toilet paper, GET A NEW ROLL. Really people, is it that hard? Or if you use the last of the milk, at least tell them so they don't blindly poor a bowl of cereal. WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO WITH DRY CEREAL?

2. Basically move your significant other in with you

Look, most people don't mind if they're over every once in awhile or even a little bit every week. But what they do mind is when the SO never leaves and they don't contribute. I thought we all agreed to three roommates, not four.

3. Constantly have people over

This kinda goes along the same lines. Of course, it's your place too, but don't practically move your friends onto the couch, or at least give everyone a heads up when people will be over.

4. Not having the same standards for every roommate

If other people leaving their things in the living room annoys you, that's fine, but don't act like you're the exception to the rule. The same rules and standards should apply to everyone living there or someone will end up seriously annoyed.

5. Take forever long showers on the regular

With an achy back or a runny nose or even just after a long day, no one will blame you for wanting a long, hot shower. People will blame you if your showers last longer than 20 minutes every single time. Other people need to shower, want to use the hot water, and have to help cover the water bill.

6. Hog the TV remote all the time

Of course, it's become normal for many people to have their own personal TV in their room, but not everyone has the extra space or the extra money for that. Even so, don't hog the living room TV. Unless you've all agreed to watch a certain show all the time - shout out to Jamie and Nat and our love of Criminal Minds - no one likes a remote hog.

7. Not being open about the things that drive you crazy

No one sets out to annoy the people that they live with. Why would you want to? So if there's something your roommates do that drive you up a wall, be honest and tell them. Ideally, face to face or at least over text and not in a petty or passive aggressive way. If you're old enough to have a roommate, you're old enough to be mature and communicate with them.

Hometeam Properties allows you to choose from more than 130 great homes and apartments to rent in the Ohio State University off-campus area. All homes are newly or recently remodeled with hardwood floors, porches, decks, security systems and much more!