Secret Santas Are The Best Way To Show Everyone Your Holiday Cheer

As college students, we primarily spend our money of midnight food deliveries or buying things that we don't necessarily need. We probably don't have enough money in our bank accounts to get gas for our cars... so... how do we get gifts for everyone we're friends with in college?

The answer is simple.

Secret spirit, otherwise known as Secret Santa.

Why is it the better option?

Well for one, it won't leave a huge hole in your wallet.

In college, you meet so many people and want to show your holiday spirit and love with everybody. Most often it leads in a bit of a conundrum during the holiday season. Gifts can be expensive, and if you're a college student without a car, shipping is even more. What can you possibly do for the friends that you have?

Secret spirit.

It's typically pretty easy to do. Gather a bunch of your friends and talk about doing a Secret spirit. Once everyone agrees, put a bunch of names in a hat and everyone grabs one name. The hunt for the perfect gift officially begins. Try to set a price range, only because if someone gets a cheap gag gift for one friend and an expensive necklace for the other and can be extremely awkward. No one should be trying to be the better gift giver.

For my own Secret spirit with a few of my friends, we set a twenty dollar limit on the gifts. It was a decent price range and all gifts leveled up to everyone's standards. However, it wasn't the gifts that brought everyone together. It was the challenged of finding just one perfect gift for that friend. It's based on truly knowing your friends that brings everyone closer. It brings joy to friends because they know they are thought about.

But keeping the secret brings even more thrill. There's nothing better than having a secret that you can't share until the big reveal. It's even more exciting when you know you're the only one who knows. When it's time to guess who got the gift, it brings a little more fun to the table. It also makes things feel a little more like home.

Secret spirit brings people together a lot more than simple gift giving. It shows how much people listen to what you want, and how well they know the other. It brings more laughter and smiles than just getting what you wanted for the holidays. Often times Secret spirit brings gag gifts and funny little memories. Possibly, it brings tears of joy.

The best part? It also saves your wallet while in college.