College Student Christmas Shopping Told By SpongeBob

11 Gifts You Can Give To The Homeless This Holiday Season

The season of giving should be for everyone
4006

Many things come along with the holiday season including cold weather. The season of giving comes in with a whoosh of cold air and sometimes snow - depending on where you are from. While many of us go out and buy gifts for every person we know and love, there are people out in the world who cannot. Over 610,042 people experience homelessness on any given night in the US, and many of them are veterans. In the season of giving, the least we can do is give to those who are less fortunate as us. Here are Christmas gifts that are good to give to the homeless.

1. A hot meal

Many times the homeless are lucky if they get to eat each day. The cost of food adds up really quickly. The least we can do is vouch for them one time.

2. Warm clothes

With cold weather approaching (or already has) the more layers the better. It could never hurt to bring a jacket, long johns, scarves, hats, gloves, socks. Anything that will warm them up. No one likes to be cold.

3. New shoes

Many homeless people have one pair of shoes. They get worn very easily if they travel by foot and are constantly outside. Give them something nice like some new shoes.

4. Durable blanket

The homeless have to sleep. Sadly they do not have anywhere like a bedroom or a bed. In the cold season, they need as much help staying warm as possible. The thicker the blanket, the better.

5. Dress clothes

Many times the homeless are also jobless. Employers see them in their state and do no even give them a chance. If we give them a little help in appearance, not only will employers consider, you will boost their confidence.

6. Luggage

I often see homeless people pushing shopping carts full of plastic sacks. It would make their lives a bit easier if they had actual bags to carry all that they have.

7. Snacks

There is no way homeless people can carry hot meals around with them all the time. There also no way they can carry ingredients or stoves with them too. They have to eat, so give them a variety of snacks.

8. Restaurant gift cards

If you would like to get them something to eat, but have no idea what they would like, try food gift cards. You can never go wrong with those.

9. A night in a hotel

One of the ultimate gifts you could give is a night in a hotel. This would allow them to have a bed to sleep in, a shower normally with complimentary hygiene products, and even some entertainment like a TV.

10. First aid supplies

You never know what is going on in the homeless' lives. They could run into trouble as little as a scraped knee. First aid such as band aids, wraps, creams, tweezers, pain killers, and many others essentials are great gifts.

11. Personal hygiene materials

Personal hygiene should not be a luxury. Unfortunately it is if you are homeless. Essentials like tooth brushes, tooth paste, deodorant, brushes, razors, soaps, and feminine products are too costly to get on a regular basis. Like food, they add up in the end.

There is so much we could give to the homeless that is not costly at all. If you don't like any of my ideas, watch this video and maybe you can visit the homeless to see what they personally want this holiday season.