Spring Cleaning Isn't Just For Organizing Your Room

Things you need to stop doing this season and forever.

251
https://www.pexels.com/photo/bloom-blossom-field-flora-432844/

Now that Spring has arrived it's time to do some Spring Soul Cleaning! I've listed ten things that you should do away with this season, and forever.

1. Stressing

You knew it was coming. So, I made it first. In life there are some things that you really can’t change and no matter how much you bite your fingers or pull your hair, what’s going to be is going to be. So, before you start stressing over things you can’t change, ask yourself, will the pimple that’s going to form really be worth it? Do what you can, and do it well.

2. I’ll do it laters

Stop putting off the things that you can do now for “later”, a time that we all know never comes. Maybe it’s the gym? That paper? That phone call? Whatever it is, there's no better time than the present.

3. Allowing your time to be wasted

I think Maxine Waters said it best, it’s time to reclaim your time. You can’t keep wasting time on people (friendships, situationships, family, strangers etc.), or situations that aren’t worth it. Your time is valuable, remember that.

4. Taking things for granted

In life it’s so easy to take things for granted. Whether it be a friend, a job, attending school, or having access to clean running water. In life it’s so easy to take things and people for granted. It’s time to stop doing that and being appreciative of the things that you do have and the people in your life.

5. Regretting things that happened in the past

MOVE ON. What happened in the past is just that, in the past. There’s no use dwelling on a situation that you can’t do anything about now. Learn from it... and move on.

6. Comparing yourself/ where you’re at in life to others

I know you’ve heard it before, but I’m going to say it again. Comparison is the thief of all joy. Stop comparing your body to the one you saw on IG or where you are in life to the one you read about in that magazine. You're authentically you, and that is enough in itself.

7. Neglecting yourself

I’ll admit, life gets busy, but that’s no excuse to neglect yourself and your personal needs. Use that facial mask. Take a little extra time getting ready in the morning. Eat healthy. Go to the gym. Get that massage. Spend how ever much time you need meditating. Whatever you need, do it, for YOU.

8. Trying to please others

Sometimes it’s not about what he wants. What she wants. What they want. Ask yourself, what do you want? And do that.

9. Doubting Yourself

It’s so easy to think you’re not good enough or that you can’t do something. I’m here to tell you that you don’t give yourself enough credit. You’re more capable than you’re aware.

10. Taking life too seriously

You’ll finish school. You’ll get that job. You’ll accomplish your dreams, but for now RELAX. Sometimes we forget what we’re actually supposed to be doing, LIVING.