SCOTUS Just Ruled That Universities And Employers Can Deny Contraceptive Coverage Based On Moral Objection And That Is Horrifying
News

Why are women's bodies still being governed?

7

At this point, it comes as no surprise that Trump has once again pushed to make women's lives harder and more restricted.

On July 8th, 2020, the Supreme Court ruled that employers and universities may "opt-out" of birth control coverage if they have a religious or moral objection to it.

Excuse me? Moral objections? In what world does it make any sense for an employer to deny an employee their prescription because they don't want to?

Sounds like bullsh*t to me. This is yet another move made by the Trump administration to ensure that women do not have freedom to choose what is best for ourselves and our bodies. This is another move made to ensure that we continue needing approval from men in order to do what we want, or need.

I am tired of living in a country where I don't get to make my own educated decisions about what is right for my body. I am tired of having a leader who does not give a sh*t about anyone's wellbeing if it doesn't line up with what he wants.

Trump pushes to ban abortions, but then also pushes to make it harder for women to get contraceptives? It makes no sense. It has nothing to do with a fetus and everything to do with exerting power over women's decisions. He is against abortion, but also against pregnancy prevention. Make it make sense.

If employers and universities can now deny a woman coverage for birth control, why don't we turn the conversation over to the men with erectile dysfunction?

Interesting how Viagra doesn't fall under the same restrictions, isn't it? Interesting how vasectomy coverage doesn't fall under the same restrictions, isn't it?

Men's bodies are never, and will never, be restricted the same way that women's bodies are.

A religious objection is not a valid excuse to deny someone coverage. A moral objection is not a valid excuse to deny someone coverage. Let women make their own choices for their own bodies. Why should someone else's religious beliefs rule what I get to do with my body? Why should someone else's moral beliefs rule what I get to do with my body? They shouldn't.

When it comes down to it, the solution is simple.

Vote him out.