Saying Goodbye Can Be The Most Liberating Act Possible
Dating

Saying Goodbye Is The Only Thing You Can Say To Free Yourself

Saying goodbye isn't as bad as it seems.

258

Most of us have had that breakup that completely blindsided us. You thought everything was perfect with you and your significant other, just to have that person turn around and break your heart out of nowhere.

You then become completely heartbroken and refuse to say goodbye. The breakup becomes much worse, and it becomes possibly the worst breakup you could ever imagine.

At this point, as much as you are refusing to, you have to accept it and say goodbye.

Nobody wants to say goodbye to the person who meant the world to them. I refused to say goodbye to one of my exes. But over the past few days, I realized that it was time to say goodbye.

There was no reason for me to be holding on to a person who broke my heart and lied to me, but I was. It was only causing more pain, holding on to someone who lied about wanting to be friends when we broke up.

Nobody deserves to go through that sort of pain every day, wondering where they went wrong.

I will not lie. It is going to hurt at first, saying goodbye to that person. But you will feel better down the line.

Plus, you most likely have friends who will back this decision for you. They will still be there for you after you cut those final ropes holding you down.

I was in the process of saying goodbye to this particular ex, and my best friend from college was backing me the entire way. She is still backing me with my decision about saying goodbye a few days ago, and I greatly appreciate her support through the whole process.

You are going to feel free once you decide to cut that final rope. You can finally do the things that you were afraid of doing for fear of what that person might think.

The second you say goodbye is the second that you start living for you and doing things for yourself.

Go shopping with your best friend. Dye your hair that odd color you always wanted to. Go on a vacation, or even just have a night out. Do what you want to do. Be as impulsive as you want.

This is your life, so go out and make the best of this time.

After all, saying goodbye means you are ready to move on. And that means you are ready to forget that person a lot of the time.

Yes, saying goodbye means that you are saying goodbye to that person. But it does not mean you are saying goodbye to all of the happy memories you shared. Cherish those memories, and hold them dear to your heart.

When you look back one day, even though that person hurt you, you'll remember that you guys still shared some good times. Otherwise, you would never have attempted to hold on to that person in the first place.

It may not seem like it right now, but you will feel much better about yourself and your life when you let that person go and say your final goodbye.