Say It Loud: I'm Black And I'm Proud

Say It Loud: I'm Black And I'm Proud

Why black people are lit.

132
Say It Loud: I'm Black And I'm Proud

These last couple of years have been a struggle for black people. Our Kings, Queens, Princesses and Princes are being snatched from our hands quicker than the blink of an eye. If we aren't being killed, the words that people use to hurt us pierce our hearts just as deep as a bullet would. Although so many people in the world are fighting against us, we continue to rise up against all odds. We choose not to back down, we continue to be great. The strength of a black person is out of this world, or as my generation would say, "lit." Black people are not only lit because of their strength, but for many other things as well. Here I have decided to name just a few.

Our hair.

A black persons hair is just magic. So many different things can be done with it. Our hair can have big loops like a roller coaster, or lay silky straight. It can be put in a puff high enough to reach the mountains, or slicked back into a bun to show off our beautiful faces. The hair of a black person is just lit, okay?

Our food.

There is nothing like some good ol' soul food. Who would've ever thought that such greatness could come out of a box of noodle and some cheese? Whoever came up with the idea to put hamhocks in collard greens, God bless you.

The way we stick together.

With the constant killings of our people, one thing I know for sure is that when the world tries to tear us down, we all come together to pick up the pieces.

Our experiences.

We've all heard one of our elders tell us how they had to pick their own switch before. For the most part all black people have shared some of the same experiences, it's like being in one big family

Our skin.

Forget about 50 shades of grey. Let's talk about 50 shades of black that all glisten like honey shining in the sun. The first person who ever proclaimed "Black is Beautiful" wasn't lying. Our skin shades are like different candy, caramel, toffee, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate, and they're all sweet.

Our features.

Everything from our big lips to our wide hips is lit. For years, they have been comparing our features to monkeys and calling us ugly. Yet others continue to alter their body to have what we were born with.

Our ancestors.

We come from strong-willed people. We come from a group of people who lived during a time period when it seemed as if others wanted black people extinct, and yet they they still overcame.

Black people are one of the most powerful races on earth, and that's why others keep trying to get rid of us. With all of the negative things that are being spread about us, it is essential that we always remind ourselves that we are lit.