We will Save and Solve

We will Save and Solve

We are the generation that will make a difference, so let's make it a positive one.

2
We will Save and Solve
CNN

We live in a world that our parents never wanted us to see. We are living in a world where society is telling us what is wrong and what is right, where it's okay to hate your neighbor, where communication is no longer key. In a world, that is allowing the very definition of individuality to slip away.

I know what we have all heard this phrase: "You are the next generation to solve and save." I've heard it in church, in my home growing up, any where that peers my age roam. But within this statement, there is something wrong. "Our Generation" is starting to doubt themselves. We are starting to doubt whether or not we can live up to those expectations.

Well, we can.

1. "Pay It Forward"
Everyone, and I mean everyone, has a day where everything falls a part. It could range from their favorite meal falling into the floor making it inedible to losing a person in their life to Death. Whatever the circumstance, make sure to realize that someone might have it a little worse, and we need to treat one another with respect of that. It could simply mean carrying a smile, holding a door open, randomly paying for someone's food, or just some simple action to "pay it forward." There is no reason to be stubborn all the time. Lighten up, and make someone's day.

2. Be You and Only You
Your life matters, your opinion matters, your sense of individuality matters, you are a human-being who has a right to live their life the way they want to. You are perfect, beautiful, handsome, sexy, awesome, in your own way. You have got to learn to love who you are, despite what everyone else says.

No one can rock your skin better than you.

3. "Be Slow to Anger" and Mature Quicker
Yes, I said it, and I am calling everyone out, including myself. We are so quick to think that a person's opinion is targeted directly at us in a conversation. We are so quick to assume something about individuals without hearing what they have to say in the first place.

When we are slow to anger, we take a deep breath and open our ears. Even if we don't agree with the person we are talking with, their opinions still deserve to be heard. When we are slow to anger and willing to listen, we hear things that we have never even thought of for ourselves. When we are slow to anger, willing to listen, and to stop and think, we start to understand the meaning of respect because a person has a chance to earn it.

4. Do. Everything. With. Love.
Actions speaker LOUDER than words, and we are being watched. We are being watched by the generation below us and the generation above us. The younger generation looks to us for to lead by example. The older generation looks to us to make sure we ready to take their place when their time comes to an end. With that being said, make sure to show love: open the door for someone with love, say hello with love, move with love. Love yourself, love your surroundings, and the people who share your surroundings with you.

We have to learn to work together because our time is coming to run this world, and we ARE the generation that will solve and save.