Memory Expert, Sancy Suraj, Breaks pi National Record

Sancy Suraj memorized and recited a total of 1505 digits of pi in 30 minutes

216

Singapore- Most of us struggle reciting past the 3.141 mark for pi. However, on the 21st of November 2018, Sancy Suraj recited 1505 digits of pi in perfect order. Sancy is also the founder of Pinnacle Minds, which he formed in 2011 and the newly formed Knowles Training Institute in 2018.

"I used advance memory techniques like the Roman Room method and the Major System", said Sancy. "These techniques have been around for a long time. I'm just equally as surprised that schools are not teaching these techniques to students", Sancy added.

Sancy taught himself these techniques when he was during his undergraduate degree in Monash University. Upon graduation, he decided to form Pinnacle Minds to teach both students and corporate professionals memory improvement techniques.

Using the major system, Sancy turns digits into images. For example, the number 951 represents the visual image pilot for him. once he had his visual images for each number, he forms a long association between the numbers.

Sancy Suraj is also the World Record Holder for The Longest Colour Sequence Memorised. In 2012, he memorised 160 colours in 5 minute 20 seconds.