Working In Sales For The Summer Has Changed My Perception of Business

An outlook from a Media Strategies Major of the Business World

52

If you all did not already know, I've had my first ever experience in working for a sales company this past summer and I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. It took me down completely unexpected routes of success and gave me a vivid understanding of how this industry operates. This week, I wanted to share the things I've learned as a Media Strategies major in the business world!

Pursuing a job in sales consists of learning lots of tactics about how to be persuasive. It's all about persuading the customer to your side of the sale and once you have mastered that- then it is smooth sailing from there. You've got yourself a sale! This was fun to learn about because it taught me how to step out of my comfort zone.

Now you're probably wondering who I worked with and what I did for this company. I worked for Cutco Cutlery, a fine line of high-quality kitchen cutlery that is American made. Random right? Well, it gave me lots of knowledge and admiration for the world of sales that's for sure.

This opportunity was very enjoyable for me because I got to reach out to so many people and simply ask them if it was o.k if I came to their homes and give them a brief demo of our kitchen products. Lots of them were nice enough to say yes and getting to physically see them in person shot my communication skills through the roof. For me, this was my favorite part.

I slowly began to stop caring whether I made a sale or not and started to enjoy visiting with the customers which (without my knowledge before it happened) increased the odds of making a sale. I was just having fun mingling and in most circumstances resulted in a happy sale!

Although all of these benefits of working with Cutco were absolutely awesome, I went through some harsh learning lessons as well. This job taught me that not every sale is going to be a fun one and that not every single customer is going to be nice to you about saying no to your product! No matter how sweet, caring, or considerate you are- things won't always work out the exact way you want it to. It is all about acceptance and keeping a positive attitude when it comes to being in the business industry, so if you ever find yourself struggling, keep your cool! Everything will work out in the long run, and hard work WILL pay off!

With all of this being said, I am proud to announce that I am still a Cutco Sales Representative and would be honored to be your rep if you are interested in purchasing any Cutco products! I will leave the link to our website below so you can take a look at what we have. From participating in a contest to see how much Cutco I could sell in three weeks this summer, I earned some Cutco products myself and I can tell you just how AMAZING our products are. They are the best of the best and are guaranteed to stay nice and sharp for 10+ years! I could go on about this company so I will let you see for yourself what we have to offer.

Reach out to me if you are interested in some great, memorable gifts for the holidays right around the corner!

https://www.cutco.com/#sm.0000hjk5g8uohdz2xzf1eicya8ls5