The Saint Angeles Rams: Nothing Has Changed

Well, this is awkward

4
Fox Sports

Editorial Note: This article was actually written before Jeff Fisher was fired. Consider Logan an oracle.

The St. Louis- excuse me... Los Angeles Rams are currently 4-8 on the road to 7-9 as they finish every year. We've passed the "honeymoon phase." Back in July, everyone was so glad the Rams have returned home where they belong. Then September came around and football started being played and the Rams second homecoming to Los Angeles began with a 28-0 blowout loss to the San Francisco 49ers. Now that we are no longer in this state of happiness, what do we do? The Rams have just signed Jeff Fisher to a contract extension this past week. It seems this organization wants to make it clear that, nothing, other than their location, will change anytime soon.

I expressed my thoughts of Jeff Fisher in a previous piece titled "5 Coaches Most Likely to Lose Their Job by Midseason." However, maybe it should have been "5 Coaches Most Likely to Get A Ridiculous Contract Extension By Week 15." I say to myself that, knowing the Rams, I should have seen this coming. They love their, as I called it, "dedication to mediocrity." The Rams just absolutely adore disappointing their fans with a 7-9 finish where they will go into an offseason and change absolutely nothing before starting the cycle all over again. What makes this extension even more ridiculous is it came just one week after Eric Dickerson, Los Angeles Rams legend, spoke out about his thoughts on current head coach Jeff FIsher saying: "I think this football team would do better without Jeff. That's just my opinion. He's had five years to turn this team around and he's had all losing seasons." Dickerson has a point there. So why won't the Rams change things? They have a dedication to mediocrity.

I know you guys are looking at the title and saying "Hey Logan. (Assuming you read the by-line.) Why did you call them the Saint Angeles Rams? Well, I'll answer that for you. Why should we acknowledge that they've changed when they haven't? The Rams refuse to move on. Jeff Fisher is like the boyfriend pleading to his girlfriend to get another chance, and no matter how many titmes he messes up, she goes back to him. Fisher has not made this team any better in five years. Most coaches get fired in two if they can't turn a team around. But Jeff Fisher is sitting down drinking his coffee in the morning and the organization says: "You got to 7-9 again? Good job. Let's pay you more money?" Think of Jeff Fisher as a student who gets Cs all the time. He never progresses, he never gets better, just straight Cs. Would you call him a good student? Jeff FIsher has a lot to fix and he has had long enough to do it and has failed. Sure, you can argue Jared Goff, but what has he shown to indicate that he's good. It's too early to call him a bust yet but he needs to improve as well. All that being said, I propose we call this team the Saint Angeles Rams until they make some changes and separate themselves from Jeff FIsher. Because what does Jeff FIsher give you? He gives you some "7-9 bulls**t."