"I Said No!"

"I Said No!"

No. A word that literally means nothing when its two letters are spaced apart.
11

We live in a society of No.

We get "declined" on a daily basis; some actions leaving a greater impact than others. We get told no for following our dreams. "College is too expensive." "You are wasting your money, you will be/do nothing with that degree." "You have no education; you'll go nowhere." "Music isn't a real job."

We receive rejection for being ourselves. How insane is that? We, the human race, the only "competent" mammals, as of right now, reject one another for being us? We say no to the the "different" people. Yes, I have actually heard the term "people" used as if we don't belong in that category, as if "those" humans are in a different phylum from "these" humans. Crazy.

No is a stupid word.

What do I say to the use of the insanely overused two letter word?

Yes.

I say yes to following your dreams. I say pursue something wholeheartedly without looking back. Put forth all of your being, leave no loose ends.

I say yes to being yourself. Don't change your body to please society. Don't change your personality because "you're not type A." Be whoever you please. Live in a box or live in a mansion.

You need to say yes, too.

At the end of the day, you have to be pleased with knowing you gave this "life thing" your best effort. You were not placed on this planet to please everyone. We as humans have many variables fighting against us every day, so don't take your days for granted. Don't allow your own species to discriminate against you.

Say yes to yourself.

Stop waiting for your stamp of approval. Be your own gold star, or blue star, or pink camel.