Sadie Robertson Live Original Tour

Sadie Robertson's Live Original Tour Is Life-Changing And Uplifting, It's What This Generation Needs

It's more than just "Duck Dynasty."

29
Victoria Tarkington

I, like many of you probably, grew up watching "Duck Dynasty." I felt like I was a part of their wild and crazy family, and looked forward to each new episode. One member of the family I felt especially close to though, and that member was Sadie. She is only a year older than me and the same grade in school, and it seemed like everything she was going through was exactly what I was going through. The last episode of "Duck Dynasty" came out a little over a year ago, but Sadie has continued to use her platform she has been given to share the love of God with all those around her. This joy she has for the Lord brought about her Live Original Tour, which has happened each year since 2016 and travels the country spreading joy and uplifting those who long to know Jesus with their whole heart.

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Live Original Tour in Rogers, AR on October 21, 2018. I don't really know what I was expecting, but it shattered all expectations I might have had. The passion felt in that room was incredible to witness, and Sadie's message was uplifting, to say the least. Her main point was "united we stand, divided we fall", but this wasn't what stuck with me the most. It's interesting how each person in the room can take something different from a message, but that's how it happens. We all hear the same words, but we all hear them in a different light depending on what God intends for us to grasp.

What stuck with me the most was how in order to be united, we need to quit comparison. This was one of the first things Sadie said, and it was almost a preface to the main part of her sermon, but it is what I remember most from that night. She said that when God created the universe, he said it was all good. He declared the sun, the oceans, the trees, and mankind good. He didn't say that the sun was amazing, the oceans remarkable, the trees beautiful, and mankind was just alright. No, he said it was all good. Sadie also pointed out that it's interesting how the only part of creation we compare ourselves to is mankind. We don't look at the sun and wish we shone as bright as it does. No one talks about how they wish they were as green as the leaves on trees, or as powerful as the ocean. But yet, we look at other members of mankind and compare ourselves. It can be comparing anything-jobs, friendships, talents, relationships, the list goes on and on. Sadie said that in order for us to be united, we have to quit comparison. We have to look at our neighbor and see them as a member of creation, and that they are in fact, good. And we are also good.

If you ever get the chance to hear Sadie speak, I encourage you to take it. She is on fire for God, and she is incredibly gifted at sharing what is on her mind. You will leave with a new level of confidence, and I promise you won't be disappointed.