How Everybody Predicted Ariana Grande And Pete Davidson'S Breakup
relationships

Ariana Grande And Pete Davidson Called It Quits And I Called It All Along

That doesn't change how sad I am.

117
ariana grande and pete davidson

These last few months have been a season of love. Riding on the coattails of the beautiful royal wedding between Meghan and Harry (I can't wait for that to be a family of three!) was a season of engagement after engagement. First, it was Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber, then Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson, and finally Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas. It was a time where we were like, is it the new norm to get engaged after a month of dating? And what is in the water in the celebrity universe?

And, if I'm being honest, it was a time of real belief in young love.

Yet, even within all the many BuzzFeed videos and cutesy articles and talk show gushes, there was a cynicism lying around. Would these engagements actually last? Or would it be yet another celebrity couple that rips our hearts out like Chris Pratt and Anna Faris or Brangelina (still not over these, tbh). There was hope but, with any celebrity relationship, we doubt while masking our deep down hope for love to last.

But, as some called it all along, Ariana and Pete have called it quits. And already we are seeing the social media world speculate by asking if we saw it all along and analyzing every interaction looking for the hints of a breakup (although maybe they really should be looking in a mirror but that's neither here nor there). However, as someone who assumed this relationship wouldn't last forever, it did end quicker than I expected. Perhaps it was the social media buzz, the speculated prenup, or even the horrific tragedy of Mac Miller's death. Who can really know for certain?

However, I refuse to stop believing in love and we can all hope this is just a temporary break not a permanent end; only time will tell. So yes, maybe we did call it all along but that doesn't stop the shock and actual sadness I feel at this breakup. I can only hope that Justin and Hailey and Nick and Priyanka will last a little bit longer.

And whether you're heartbroken or been proven right let's all just remember Harry and Meagan are having a baby and get excited about that!