The World Cup Will Bring Russia Back Into The Global Eye

With Russia hosting the World Cup, the global eye will come back to Russia. But not for the controversial political views or questionable history, but for the new modern look that they have taken.

55

The World Cup can sometimes be dominated by the stars on the pitch, amazing plays, and the guessing game of who will win where. Often talk about the venue and the ramifications, positive and negative, of having at said venue fall by the wayside.

With Russia hosting the cup this year, it gives many a first glimpse into the secluded country. With it's rich culture and beautiful scenery, many will have the opportunity to see the country in a new light. People will see the country for more than its political stances and troubled history.

But, it is not only the visual elements that have brought a growing conversation; the economic rush that this will bring to Russia will also benefit the crippled economy as well.

The twelve stadiums will show off some of Russia's most beautiful cities like Kaliningrad, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, and Volgograd. The cities in which they are all placed showcase all of Russia, not just the big names like Moscow. Fans will be glad to also have the ability to not only watch their teams grapple for the cup, but to also explore the beautiful cities and the amazing things that they have to offer. There are places like Nizhny Novgorod that showcase the country's rich theater history as well as many of their historical landmarks.

With ten out of the twelve facilities being built in 2013 or later and the other two being updated in 2014, players this year will find themselves practicing and playing in amazing facilities.

static.kremlin.ru

Above is Nizhny Novgorod Studium in Nizhny Novgorod. The stadium was just built this year and not only is pleasing to the eye on the outside, but on the inside the stadium is a soccer fans dream. With stadium seating that allows you to have a great look at the game no matter where you are and the huge amount of natural light that illuminates the stadium, both players and fans can experience this cup in state of the art facilities.

Having spent over $14 billion for hosting the tournament, Russia will be looking to make even more to give a much needed boost to their struggling economy and rising inflation. With an expected amount of 570,000 foreigners and 700,000 Russian all coming for the World Cup, the money made through tourism will provide the much needed boost Russia needs.

With the Russian team already making huge waves in group play moving on the the more exciting part of the tournament, and tourism booming off the field, Russia can take this moment to show the world that they are more than what the history books have them as. They are a country bursting with a rich culture and a country that so desperately wants to show the world what they have to offer and this World Cup may be what they need.