Dear Running, Let Me Tell You How I Really Feel

It's time to be honest.

65

You seem to help many people lose weight and I totally believe it. But let me start off with, you are not for me.

Thoughts of you bring me back to middle school gym class. And not the fun kind either. Not the kind where we would play "Four Square" or "Scooter Tag." But instead, you are the thoughts of the long hot days filled with stopwatches and competition. The days where we would play running tag and I would just let my classmate get me and tag me just because I don't like doing you.

You are no fun.

I used to hide in the bushes at times to avoid you.

Running, you are painful, hard, and sometimes make me feel uncomfortable.

You make me sweat, hot, tired, and sometimes even a little aggravated.

When each foot hits the floor, I can feel tingly and sometimes even strikes in my joints.

I want to stay far away from you.

Plus, you don't help with my ego.

I think I am in pretty good shape, at least I feel that way and have been told that I am.

But, when it comes to you, I can't handle you for more than 5 minutes, let alone make it to the other side of the block in my neighborhood.

I ask for you to stop playing so hard to get and just be a little more easy for me to understand and feel. Maybe... just maybe, then I would like you better!

But until then, I am just going to have to continue putting one foot in front of the other and sticking to my other ways of cardio.

And no offense, but I prefer biking, swimming, and weighted circuits much better than you.

#Oops

You better run!

From,

A Fitness Freak That Gets Her Cardio Elsewhere

Biking1 Day at a Time

Do You Hate Running Too?

Check out these 10+ Ways To Getting Your Cardio Workouts That Aren't Running

https://1dayat-atime.com/2018/06/18/cardio-workouts-hate-running/

And it comes with a FREE 30 Day Fitness Challenge!

Hope to see you there :)