Why My Roommate From Freshmen Year Will Always Be A Best Friend

Even though I know I drive you crazy at times.

369
Cassie Nichols

I take you for granted.

It isn’t said enough how thankful I am to have found a roommate who over time became one of my best friends. You balance me out for the better. I’m the type of girl who tries to do 50 different things all at once, but you go with the flow. Your laid-back personality is a nice reality check for when I’m being a bit too much.

Some people can’t relate to this. And that’s okay. But to those of you who can, you know what I mean when I say my roomie from freshmen year is my go-to-gal. After all, we did live in a bedroom the size of a crayon box together.

Also, who else would have taken the time to memorize all my high school friends’ names just so she can understand all my stories? You saw my high school friends every day in pictures hanging above my bunk, so why not fill you in on what’s going on back home?

Thank you for always being honest with me.

Whether it is about the boy who I shouldn’t talk to, the outfit that I need to change out of because it makes me look like I’m homeless (thanks for not letting me wear that yellow vest in public), or the cold, hard truth that my attitude needs adjusting at times, you are never afraid to put me in my place.

You never judge my mistakes. I have made plenty of them over the past year and a half, and you are always one of the first ones there to give me down to earth advice that will better me as a person in the long run.

After all, I never judged you for hitting snooze twenty times every morning. It has been a pain setting my own alarm this year though.

I know I drive you crazy at times. But I also know that no matter where life takes us, we will always be close friends. You’re the type of friend I see as a bridesmaid in my wedding and the one I know will only be a phone call away.

We may have started off as total strangers who only texted each other on occasion about who was bringing the mini fridge, but I am so glad that I accidentally liked your Instagram post from over 100 weeks ago the spring of senior year.

It started a friendship that will last a lifetime.