13 Signs You And Your Roommate Are The Same Person

13 Signs That You Have Slowly Evolved Into Your Roommate

To my person, sister, fellow NARP, partner in crime, and bestest friend in the entire world.

514
Lauryn Smith

Going into your freshman year, there is a big emphasis on finding a roommate, and for good reason. You are going to spend a big chunk of your year with them, and it is important that you find someone that will be compatible with your personality, schedule, habits, and everything in between. Although you're roommate surely doesn't have to be your best friend, there are definitely perks to come along with that.

The story of how my roommate and I met is honestly out of a movie. My roommate is from a nearby town, and I had heard of her through some of my friends. I know this sounds ridiculous, but our worlds were slowly colliding for the past few years and had been frequently told by our mutual friends that we would make great roommates. And so decision day came out and I'm pretty sure maybe two days after we agreed to room (mind you I didn't even commit until like two months after that). It almost sounds crazy, but part of the reason that I fully pulled the plug onto committing to Illinois was so I could room with this girl. As I mentioned to her in my embarrassing, cringe, proposal to room, I'm the kind of person that when I have a gut feeling about something, I am almost always right about it. Sappy, but, there was something about this girl that I just had a good feeling about. I knew that we would make the best duo that Bromley Hall had ever seen, and boy, was I right about that.

Not many people are fortunate enough to have a roommate that is not only their best friend but pretty much on the same page with you about anything and everything. We are compatible on so many levels that she's basically my girlfriend at this point (sorry David lol), but she is truly my BFF. So if you don't believe that we're literally #roomiegoals, here's a little more of a reason to believe it...

1. She has been by your side from move-in day to now and every moment in between 

Ew look how awkward we were this day.

2. She's picked up all your weird habits, and you've definitely picked up hers 

Sorry I've taught you my necessity to pee the second before bed and taught you to watch squishy makeover videos. But thanks to you I now make reminders for every little thing ever. However, we have picked up some good habits from each other too!! Thanks for motivating me to do the Hailey Sani workout when I don't want to and for exchanging our fav YouTubers...I am hooked. Also, I got you to join the Odyssey so I guess that's one good thing I've done for you!

3. Going out together is always a ~wild~ adventure 

Always here for you when you start losing feeling in your ankles.

4. Her boy is your boy, and vice versa 

This has been quite the year of facetimes, debates, cuddles, bickering, tears, rants, and weekends of having a third roommate. Thx for putting up with us, boys, idk how you ever do it!!!!!

5. You forget what her real name is at times because you only refer to each other as nicknames 

Who are you again?

6. You have code names for pretty much everyone 

You'll never know who you are. Mwahahhaha.

7. You know every deep, dark, cringe-y, and weird thing about them 

I will never forget the day when we found out that we both do prayers before bed...we are the same person it's kinda scary. Also throwback to when I helped you get through your chest pains.

8. You stay up an hour past bedtime (and delaying prayers) every night because you're too busy making up dances, saying funny catchphrases, and playing shadow puppets on the wall 

We're literally children, plz don't judge us. See ya at the dawn bohn!

9. You complain about/hate the same exact people 

Don't mess with her or you'll mess with me.

10. Your stuffed animals are also BFFs 

Chloe and Bluey have had their rough times throughout the year, but they have finally put all their differences aside and have become the best of friends.

11. You're not afraid to tell her something that annoys you about her 

Sorry, but can you maybe take a turn taking out the garbage plz??? Ever???? Jk love you!!!

12. You're lonely anytime you're in the room without them 

Not excited for our sleepovers to end for four months :(

13. You can't stand to be apart from each other that much that you have to room again next year 

Get ready for another semester (at least) of shenanigans. Our sorority house is going to HATE us. Room 3, you are definitely not prepared for this duo.

Lizzey,

I am so beyond happy that my entire freshman year was spent being silly with you!!!!! Thanks for not getting scared away by my cringy text (peep her #6 in her article) because I could not have asked for a better roommate, nor would I ever want to change anything about this year. You're my person, sister, fellow NARP, partner in crime, and bestest friend in the entire world. You are one of the only people that truly understands me and is always on the same page with me. Couldn't imagine doing life without you by my side and t-gosh I never have to again!!!! Can't believe you put up with me for a whole year...and sorry you're gonna have to do it for at least another semester ;) Thank you for everything, love you to 1326 and back kitty <3333