Why Ron Weasley Deserves All Your Love

Why Ron Weasley Deserves All Your Love

Weasley is our King.

394
Why Ron Weasley Deserves All Your Love
Jancy Richardson

Of the three main characters from the Harry Potter series, Ronald Weasley is definitely the most underrated. He has received a lot of undeserved hate, especially since the release of the movies, but in reality Ron has always been the perfect person for Harry and Hermione to be friends with. His kind heart, quick wit and unwavering friendship make him one of the best characters of the entire series. Whether you are a long time Weasley lover or you have never given Ron a chance, this list will remind you of all the things that make Ron great.

1. He's Loyal

Ron is an intensely loyal friend. From defending Hermione to facing his biggest fears in order to help Harry, Ron proves time and again that his friends can count on him. Sure, he's prone to jealousy and makes mistakes in the face of immense pressure (The Forest of Dean), but he always comes back. Harry said it best himself when talking about why Dumbledore gave the Deluminator to Ron, "No, he must have known you would always want to come back."

2. He's Funny

One of my personal favorite things about Ron is his ability to make a joke out of anything. The wizarding world as Harry, Ron and Hermione knew it was a scary place, but Ron always managed to remind everyone to find the light in the dark and laughter in moments of great terror.

3. He's Smart

In what was probably the most epic game of chess ever played, Ron proved to everyone that cleverness did not belong solely to Hermione. His knowledge of the wizarding world far outweighed that of either of the other two members of the trio. He added street smart and a quick, logical brain to their already impressive collective skill set.

4. He's Brave

The boy's a Gryffindor so it's obvious that he is brave, but what is really impressive about Ron's courage is that he is constantly afraid, but does what he has to anyway. He conquers massive personal fear to fight the evil around him. You only have to think about the fact that he went to Aragog with Harry even though he is terrified of spiders (Aragog are literally his Boggart) to realize that Ron is constantly pushing his courage.

5. He's Adorable

Ron has been adorable since he was young. You can see it in the way he isn't ashamed of his love for food, or the way he doesn't know he's got a smudge of dirt on his nose, or when he proclaims defiantly that he's going to be a knight. Grown-up Ron is adorable too, just look at how he pulls off this roar.

6. He's Relatable

Without a doubt, Ron is one of the most relatable characters in the entire Harry Potter series. His flaws are open and obvious in ways that Harry's and Hermione's aren't able to be. His envy and pride are what so often earn him criticism from Potter fans, but in reality they are a part of what makes him great. In a world full of extraordinary happenings, it is important to have normal characters with real human problems.

7. He's Got A Great Family

I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to be a Weasley. Ron loves his family passionately, even through the pressure he feels from his older brothers and the trouble he is constantly in from all the rule-breaking he does with Harry (that Howler, though). They've got plenty of love to go around and a house that is filled with laughter, fun and hand-knit sweaters.