In a world where hipsters (and men with longer hair than me) run amuck, it's difficult to find a man. No, I'm not talking about a boy. I'm talking about a real man. A man's man. A man who is not ashamed of his carnivorous diet nor his hatred for overcontrolling strong central governments. A man who enjoys woodworking and the solitude of his own company. After a long tedious search, I found the epitome of what a man should be via the fabulous NBC show, "Parks and Recreation." He goes by the name Ron Swanson. Ron is played by the fabulous Nick Offerman. So without further adieu, here are the top 20 reasons to want to marry the wonderful Ronald Ulysses Swanson.
1. He is an honest man.
2. You will never have to compete with his friends.
3. He is proud to be an American.
4. He is the owner of a fabulous head of hair.
5. His dance moves are straight fire. Everyone on the dance floor would be jealous of that fine specimen of a man.
6. He has a strong thirst for adventure.
7. He is not afraid to speak his mind.
8. He attempts to keep up with new music.
9. He is a dedicated worker.
10. An excellent boss.
11. He is good with his hands.
12. He understands the importance of a balanced diet.
13. He knows how to keep personal space.
14. He has a good relationship with his family.
15. Also, his overall health is outstanding.
16. He respects women and their role in society.
17. His mustache. It's glorious.
18. He's a libertarian.
19. He is in touch with his emotions.
20. His laugh is the best laugh in the entire world. It will make all your stress and sadness melt away.
If you haven't fallen in love with him yet, I highly suggest you stop what you are doing and watch "Parks and Recreation" on Netflix. America needs more men like Ron Swanson. Personally, the dating pool needs more men like him. He is a great "template" for what a man should be.
By the way, Nick Offerman, if you are reading this... Do you have any sons?