Is love like the movies

We've all seen at least one. Girl meets guy, they fall in love and live happily ever after. But when does that ever happen in real life? Sure, people fall in love every day, but it's never as perfect as it is in the movies. Rom-Coms are entertaining to watch, but that's about as far as it goes. When was the last time you bumped into a Greek god and fell madly in love at first sight? Yeah, I thought so. Love is definitely real, it's just not always what you'd expect.

Here are 10 ways Rom-Coms completely ruin us:

1. They meet the love of their life in a bookstore or cafe, and not a dating app

Random guys who ask for your number in line at Starbucks are not necessarily the cream of the crop.

2. Big dramatic gestures like serenading you in a stadium solve everything

Putting on a performance to forget about the problem instead of actually working it out? Yeah, totally healthy.

3. Love triangles, love triangles, love triangles

It's hard enough getting ONE great guy, let alone TWO.

4. Usually creepy things are actually romantic

If a guy ever does this to you, run. Call the police. He is not your friend.

5. Men and women can't be friends

Who says men and women can't just be friends? Platonic relationships for the win!

6. Their entry-level job pays for their massive apartment

OK this one isn't really about love, but it's probably one of the most unrealistic things on this list.

7. Architects, architects everywhere

I've never met one. They don't exist. They're unicorns.

8. Their BFF is their ditzy cheerleader, not a woman deserving of her own love story

You should be as big of a cheerleader for her as she is for you.

9. The bad guy is actually the love of their life — and he'll change, all for YOU!

Don't date the bad boy. Just don't. It won't end well.

10. If you get a makeover, he'll fall head over heels for you

You don't need to change for anyone, ESPECIALLY just a guy.