5 Tips for A Better Road Trip

5 Tips for A Better Road Trip

If you're hitting the road this holiday season, here are a few ways to stay safe and comfortable.

64
5 Tips for A Better Road Trip
10 Tips To Survive A Long Road Trip

This is a response to Thanksgiving Travel Tips.

Many of us are heading home for the holidays this weekend. For some, that involves taking a road trip between cities, to the next state over, or even across several state lines. Whether you love a good road trip or see them as a means to an end, here are 5 tips to keep you safe, happy, and focused on your journey.

Download a podcast or audiobook for the drive

I Listened To the Radio and It Showed Me the Severity of Mental Illness

Everyone loves a good road trip playlist, but sometimes hours and hours of music can make your brain feel numb. To supplement your tunes, download something more longford, like a podcast or audio book. With an engaging story to listen to, the miles will fly by.

Inspect your car before you leave

In your carc1.staticflickr.com

Actually getting it officially inspected would be the best option. But if you can't do that, make sure your headlights and brakes are working. Take it in for a tire rotation or an oil change if it's been a few months. You'll be grateful you did, especially if your road trip is on the longer side.

Get enough sleep the night before

SleepingDitch The Mattress And Start Sleeping On The Floor, I Promise You Won't Regret ItPexels

Highway hypnosis is no joke, and weary minds are the most susceptible. No matter how short your drive is, make sure to get enough rest before you hit the road to avoid potential accidents.

Pack extra food and water

Start Using Reusable Water Bottleshttps://pixabay.com/en/bottles-water-steel-glass-7...

Again, even if you have a short trip, it never hurts to plan again. You can never anticipate when you might end up stranded on a roadside or lost after making a wrong turn. Whenever you find yourself in a bind, having adequate food and water make things just a bit easier.

Keep your car clean

9. Seeing a coat of pollen on our cars immediately signals it's about to be a rough day.https://www.google.com/search?q=pollen+on+a+car&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl283SqtXhAhXlxlkKHfE-BXoQ_AUIDigB&biw=1280&bih=610&dpr=1.5#imgrc=331R2Iy1GRIaAM:

This may be a no-brainer, but it's easy to let water bottles and fast food wrappers pile up on a long drive. Keep a garbage bag on hand for long stretches when trash cans aren't immediately available. You'll be glad you did.