Road trips are possibly the coolest things that have ever happened to humanity; driving to nowhere in particular with the windows down, the wind blowing through your hair, the sun kissing your skin, and the radio blaring some of your favorite tunes. I prefer an old-time approach to road trips, filled with the 70s and 80s hits.
1. "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Southern Anthem. If you're from the south, you know this song!
5. "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC
A song that you can nod your head to (and maybe some hair flips)!
8. "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
The most popular 80s song that all the younger generation knows!
11. "Jolene" by Dolly Parton
With Pentatonix and Miley Cyrus doing covers and duets with Dolly on Jolene, any version is
12. "Dixieland Delight" by Alabama
If you live in the state of Alabama or have ever visited, you'll hear this song. During football seasons you'll hear this song every Saturday!
14. "Amarillo By Morning" by George Straight
This is a slower, easier song to help you on your trip!
15. "Mammas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys" by Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson
This classic is just one of those you can't help but sing!
16. "The Gambler" by Kenny Rodgers
Papa Kenny will give you some good life advice while on a road trip!
17. "Family Tradition" by Hank Williams Jr.
Another song that if you're from the south then you'll know this! You'll hear it at every concert you attend.
18. "East Bound & Down" by Jerry Reed
Good ole Smokey and The Bandit can never be bad for a road trip! They were the best at it!
19. "Delta Dawn" by Tanya Tucker
If you want to hear a story in a song, this ones for you! Tanya sure will entertain you during a road trip!