Remembering The Passing Of A Classmate

Remembering The Passing Of A Classmate

There's no promise of tomorrow, and that has never been more apparent than it is now.

170
Remembering The Passing Of A Classmate
hip-hopvibe.com

This week, the community of UNC Greensboro lost a bright soul who never failed to make anyone and everyone smile. Charles Burns III was well known throughout campus for his intelligence, fun personality, as well as his devotion to Greek Life and his UNCG community. Yesterday morning people took to Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat to share their feelings about Charles passing away.

I had multiple classes with Charles, and I’ve never before seen someone come into class with crutches and still wearing a suit, but somehow he made it happen. Even though we weren’t close by any means, it was a huge eye opener to see how someone who tried to be the best they could be was here one day and then gone the next. This week the UNCG campus and Charles’ family and friends will be mourning the loss of such an awesome individual.

Though this is a hard time for those who knew him well, this also serves as a reminder to live life to the fullest like Charles did. So instead of making this a sad tribute, I wanted to touch on how you can strive to never take a single day for granted.

1. Smile

Charles had this one down to a T. Not only was he always smiling, but he was also always joking. I think this is a huge factor in satisfaction with life because if you’re not smiling, chances are you’re frowning and letting things get you down.

2. Be Kind to Everyone

As a fellow member of the Greek community, I’ve got to say that he was able to make friends with people from all of the different Greek councils and forge more of a sense of community.

3. Be True to Yourself

This one goes without saying, but how can you expect to be the best you can be if you’re not following your own ideas, moral standards, and goals. Don’t let other people influence what you become and don’t be afraid to stand out. Those are always the most remarkable people.

4. Reach for the Stars

My dad always told me that I can’t know if I can achieve something until I try. This definitely stands as a huge cornerstone for living life to the fullest every day. Try new things and never sell yourself short.

It’s weird to realize that you’ll never see someone in class or around campus again, but use Charles’ life and passion for life as something that can push you towards never taking a moment of life for granted. To the family and friends of Charles Burns III, UNCG’s best wishes and condolences go out to you all. #RIPCharles