To My Right-Hand Woman

To My Right-Hand Woman

Cheers to the frickin' friendship !!

212
To My Right-Hand Woman
Whitley Taylor

What a time it has been since that first day of classes in college. I looked over in my freshman year English class to see a girl who ran in a few minutes late to our 8 a.m. class. she was wearing an outfit that was a little too extra for this early in the morning -- more of a "going out" outfit, but you win some, you lose some. Not gonna lie, I judged you from afar that day.

A couple weeks later, as we were leaving our class, I asked this girl on the street corner if she wanted to get lunch with me. We went to the dining hall, and she told me all about the stress around her roommate and her life.

Fast forward a week or so and we were best friends in class, and we started hanging out outside of class, too. But at the time, we were completely different people. Little did I know that this girl would become my best friend.

Lindsey, we've come a long long way since that first day of English class. From all of the Starbucks dates to celebrating the beauty of Thursdays to spending a summer as camp counselors together, we've been through a lot together. It's so hard to believe that I've only known you for a year and a half, and yet, it's hard to go a whole 24 hours without our seeing each other.

You're so supportive, thoughtful and kindhearted. You're hardworking, caring and funny. You're passionate, heartfelt and lighthearted.

I'm so glad that we get to do everything together -- and I mean, everything. You help me with all things Odyssey and in classes, and I'm so excited that we just signed a lease together for next year.

I know you are always there to make me laugh. Some of the funny things you say keep me going each and every day. "My life is sh*t but I wouldn't have it any other way," "cheers" and so many more. You can always be there to make me laugh.

I know you are always there when I cry. We joke that you've only seen me cry once, but really I know you are always there for me when I need it most.

My homegirl, my poonickel, my right-hand woman: thanks for everything that you do for me. Our friendship has meant to me in the past year and a half, and I can't wait for the many memories we'll make together in the future.

I love you, B. Keep lovin' Luke Combs and bitmojis. Keep doin' you.