10 Everyday Struggles Of The Average College Student

We're riding the struggle bus of college.

1554
Quick Meme

College is the equivalent of the Dragster at Cedar Point. Waiting in line you are scared and excited at the same time, not knowing what to expect but hoping for the best then you get in the ride, buckle in, and your stomach is in knots. Slowly the countdown begins and you zoom off to adulthood. The ride is so fast and so intense that you are constantly fighting the battle between puking and pure enjoyment. Then the ride comes to an end and you either feel really great and want to do it again or you puke wishing you had never ridden the ride. And that's college, a crazy, fast roller coaster that flies by. College can either be the best ride of your life or one that you wished you never waited in line for.

But no matter what school you go to we can all agree that college has its ups and downs. The "Struggle Bus" of college is different for every school but there are some things across the nation we can all agree on, that tend to get more and more annoying as time rolls on. This list of annoyances gets longer and longer but here is a list of struggles that I came up with that unite most college kids:

1. Same Course, Different Teachers, but 2 WAY Different Grades

Now as funny as the meme above is, sometimes it is actually the teacher that just sucks. Whether it be a language barrier, just reading from a powerpoint the whole time during lecture, fill in the blank notes, or that monotone voice that just puts you to sleep, some teachers just straight up should not be working anymore. I mean I get 10 year and everything but man bad teachers do not make college any easier. Word to the wise, always check the website rate my professor.

2. Money and deciding to spend your last $20 on gas or the weekend funds

The issue of money will forever be a problem for us college kids. I mean the week gets so stressful sometimes you NEED to go out on the weekend, but at the same time, you kinda NEED to get to work/class. Priorities tend to get in the way of our fun activities. These decisions are hard but you'll probably have to make them every week.

3. Parking Spots... LOL

Having to leave for class at least 20 minutes early because there will never be enough parking spots.. how annoying OR finding a parking spot blocks from class and having to walk in whatever the weather condition may be. Here in Michigan, it tends to be snow or rain, so that's always fun. I mean we pay so much for tuition..where is the money going? Not for new parking lots that's for sure.

4. Your Social Life... right...

The constant battle between sleep, going out and good grades. It is probably one of the hardest things in the world to have a complete balance of all three. Do You want to go out? sure but let me first write this 3-page paper.. or maybe I'll write it afterward.

5. Studying for over 12 hours straight and still not getting the grade you wanted

Don't you hate it when you study so hard for an exam and you get in there and immediately realize you're about to fail? Teachers love to do that to us, they love to make the study guide NOTHING like the exam. The struggle is real.

6. Small School = Small Single Pool

Coming from a small school, I can tell you first hand that the amount of available, attractive people are slim to none. Dating sucks in general, but it sucks, even more, when you have NO options. So when in doubt, Tinder it out.

7. 8 a.m. classes.. and why are they a thing?

Waking up at the crack of dawn to listen to a lecture that isn't all that interesting is the best thing ever right? Wrong. But at least in lecture, you can bring your coffee, I feel bad for those with 8am labs. Those are torture!

8. Overpricing of everything on campus

I love walking into the bookstore at school and finding my book for $500 and then looking online and finding the same book for $50. Books are crazy expensive already and the bookstore ALWAYS jacks up the prices! And not just for books either! At a normal store the price of an Arizona is about 99 cents but at the bookstore they are close to $2! Anyway, the school can take from us they will!

9. Motivation... where you at, though?

Netflix is one of the biggest distractions in today's society. Netflix is so relaxing! You're all snuggled up, watching your favorite show, you have great snacks next to you, but the only problem is that constant reminder in the back of your head reminding you that you have work to get done. When Netflix is on, motivation will be at an all-time low.

10. Crossing the street

Walking to class sucks as it is, but walking to class and having to cross a busy, college town street. Us college kids tend to be crazy drivers and don't pay attention all that well, so crossing the street is kinda dangerous. I mean you see on the local news all the time how many people get hit by cars on a daily basis. But hey on a positive note, if you get hit by a campus car and not die, free tuition right?

These struggles are annoying but common. We college kids are united by these things, and we will forever ride the struggle bus together! Ride on college kids and make it to graduation!