A Review Of Rider University's Renovated Daly's Dining Hall

A Review Of Rider University's Deliciously Renovated Daly's Dining Hall

A much-needed upgrade for both new and returning students to enjoy.

143
Jamie Silfen

Rider University had gotten a lot of renovations over this past summer. We got new printers that you need to swipe your card to use, updated residence halls, a new and improved dining hall, and a renovated Bart Luedeke Center (BLC.) However, I don't live in a new hall, and the other renovations are nice, but I'm going to focus on what we all want to know: what is new in Daly's dining hall?

To start off, Rider University has now switched to Gourmet Dining Services instead of its previous food vendor, Aramark, which means not only Daly's has changed, but Cranberry's Cafe (otherwise known as Cran's for short) too. Our dining hall is now nicer, efficient, and renovated for the new freshmen and returning students to enjoy.

To start off, we have a better sandwich making station, where the chefs will make it for you. Think of a knock-off of Subway. We have a hibachi station, a G-8 station, which specializes in gluten free, nut free, and other dietary restrictions.

We have a microgreen station where we are able to eat fresh greens right from their roots. We have a "learning to cook station," with celebrity chefs who are going to come and teach us how to make certain dishes. We have an updated Italian food station, a machine that makes fresh-squeezed orange juice, and a new exchange meal plan.

What many of my friends are excited about, as am I is the online ordering app. Previously, GET, was an app that Rider students were able to track how many meals swipes they used, and how many Bronc Bucks, Rider's currency, they had left. Now, we can select certain food stations, such as the deli and wok station, and make a customized order to pick up in exchange for a meal swipe. Typically, it'll take about 10 minutes to complete, but it is so worth it.

My review out of five stars? 4.3 stars. If we had a smoothie machine, it would be an easy 5 stars from me.