Why Starbound Is A Must Play Game

Why Starbound Is A Must Play Game

A Combination of Terraria and Stardew Valley - Pure Perfection

38
Why Starbound Is A Must Play Game
AmyLee Pritchard

Just looking at the title screen of this game, you may be saying "Oh great, another pixelated game."

Yes, this is a pix-elated game; but I haven't played a better one yet.

And yes, I played on Casual difficulty. Don't Judge me.

This game may remind you of Stardew Valley (Chucklefish is the same publisher, so it has a lot of similar qualities), Terraria, and maybe even a little bit of Mine-craft, but this game has so much to it.

I'm not putting down any of those games, considering I play them all the time. I just want to tell you guys how amazing and interesting this game is.

Campaign

I didn't think this game would actually have one, but this game has an enriching plot/campaign that makes me want to keep playing until my hands cramp up (which has already happened). I still haven't beaten the campaign and I've already played countless hours and days playing it. So, you can tell this game will keep you playing for a long time.

Basically, for the campaign, you have to collect artifacts that belong to different species in the universe. The farther you get and the more artifacts you collect, the harder the enemies are.

Recently I had to defeat a gigantic projected communistic space ape dictator that had rockets that would do tremendous damage. Sounds like a metaphor to me!

Planets, Stars, and Space Travel

You have to travel to different planets across the game's universe to find these artifacts that belong to different species. You travel to different stars to get to these planets. The planets also have moons orbiting around them. Depending on the planet you travel to will determine how hard the enemies on that planet are.

These planets have different biomes. The biomes of the planets are determined by what star the planet is orbiting. If you travel to a Fiery Star, the planets you will find are filled with magma and volcanic activity, and some are barren with no life. These planets are extremely hot, so you have to craft special armor and equipment to survive.

This goes with other types of planets. Frozen Stars have snow and icy planets with extremely low temperatures, so you have to craft equipment to keep you warm.

In order to travel to planets, you have to collect fuel for your ship.

As you can see, I don't have a lot of fuel to travel. Soon I will be collecting fuel from moons.

You can have followers on your ship, and they can come with you to battle. These NPCs are part of your ships crew. In order to have more crew members, you have to build your ship larger.

Side Quests and Other Things

This game has many side quests, where you help other NPCs find their friends, battle enemies, and collect items for them. The NPCs even have their own shrines for their Gods, stories that you can collect, and treasures of their people that you can collect. This also plays a huge part into the campaign.

You can also create colonies where people can move in, pay you rent, send you on quests, and give you special items.

You can raise animals, plant crops, and sell what you harvest to the store.

My Rating So Far

So far, my rating of this game would be 4.5/5 stars.

Some parts of the game get really slow because of how much is going on on your screen. That's probably just my computer, so really overall this is a very amazing game.

In my mind, I have combined Stardew Valley and Terraria together to form this amazing game. This is the kind of game I have been dreaming of for a while.

This game is still impressing me. I can't wait to finish collecting the artifacts. I feel like something is going to happen, or someone is going to turn on me.

Stay tuned for Part 2!