A Review of the Apple Pencil with the iPad Pro

Why I would give it a 4/5 Stars

197

I was tired of lugging several binders and a heavy laptop to class...that is why the idea of a tablet and a stylus immediately appealed to me. After doing mounds of research(in-store tests, and online articles), I decided to buy the iPad Pro(9.7 inch) and the Apple Pencil.

I was looking for place that I could not just take written notes, but also digitally draw and paint. By no standards am I a great artist or do I have the best penmanship skills. The Pencil makes it so easy. It feels like a pencil, but can transform into a pencil, a marker, a paintbrush, a crayon, a gel pen, an airbrush. The possibilities are endless and its fun to be able to create shareable masterpieces without the mess. The Pencil itself is Bluetooth and easy to hook up to the Pro. It also has a super long battery and quick charge time(I used it for 2 whole days straight without having to charge it). The Pencil is also pressure sensetive meaning that the harder your press the larger the line.

Two Paintings I have made using the Apple Pencil and the App Procreate:

More than that, while drawing or writing you can rest your hand on the screen and it will not mark anywhere that you don't touch the pencil because of touch receptors. Believe all the other reviews when they say that there really is no lag. You virtually write and draw in real time.

This is a written Note taken in Apple's built-in app Notes:

The worst part of the Apple Pencil and the Pro are the cost, especially if you are getting them insured through Apple Care. I personally felt bad for paying all that money for the devices, but after getting them and now, using them all the time, I am so glad I did. The only other drag of the Pencil is charging/recharging. It is awkward to plug into your device for a quick recharge and the adapter charger is very small and easily lose-able. As long as you can keep track of the little pieces you should be ready to go! But, be warned, these little pieces are NOT REPLACEABLE.

I highly recommend the Apple Pencil for anyone who is interested in digital drawings and/or likes handwriting notes but has a bad habit of dog-earing notebook paper(I also tend to accidentally rip my paper a lot???). It is easy to learn to use, fun, environmentally friendly(go trees!), and really does what its supposed to do, plus more. As more apps for the Pencil come out, more possibilities for what this pen might accomplish come into focus. I give this useful product a 4/5 stars. Hope this review helps with your possible purchase!