A Response To "Girls Wearing "Cheeky" Bikini Bottoms, Please Stop"

My parents are very proud thank you.

2584
cloudfront.net

First off I would like to say that while I do understand what you are trying to say in your article , I think you went about it the wrong way. I myself being a "cheeky" bikini bottom wearer was slightly offended when you called into my question my respect for myself based off a bikini I choose to wear.

Do you know that I have been raised in a Christian home? Do you know that I have only kissed 3 boys, one of whom was my boyfriend at the time? Do you know that I am saving myself for marriage? No, you didn't because you only assumed I didn't have respect for myself or my body because of what bikini I choose. But how would someone who is saving themselves for marriage not have respect for their body?

I am a very confident person and I certainly do not feel the need to show off my body to "attract attention from men." I wear those bikini bottoms and whatever clothes I want- because I like them and I think they are cute. For no reason whatsoever do I wear these bottoms for boys or men to look at me.

In your article, you state that these bottoms are "basically a thong" which in reality most of them are not. Most cheeky bottoms only show a tiny bit of the cheeks, and if they show more and if it makes you uncomfortable, don't look. I'm not quite sure why someone else's choice in bikini bottoms affected you so much that you had to shame them. If you do not think it's appropriate, you don't have to buy them and you don't have to look at anyone who is wearing them. If a man/woman is wearing something I find uncomfortable or revealing; I do this awesome thing called minding my own business.

Another thing you mention is how parents would feel about their daughter "flaunting her stuff." Well, I can assure you my parents are very proud parents -- cheeky bottoms or not because they don't judge based off what people wear, they know my heart and they know that me wearing those bottoms does not define me.

Also, you state that men don't run around wearing a Speedo all the time. Well, duh. But they do wear muscle tank tops to "show off their muscles" and "attract attention from women." No, they must do it only because those shirts are comfortable and it's hot out. I have seen plenty of men wearing Speedo's and is it uncomfortable? I mean a little but guess what I do? I look away and mind my business (what a concept right) and commend him for being confident.

You say this "trend" is ruining women's dignity when in actuality it is people like you who body shame and call out other women for having no respect for their bodies based off what they wear that is ruining women's dignity.

To the girls/women who wear "cheeky" bikini bottoms:

Keep doing you and wear those bottoms proudly. It is your body after all and if someone around you feels uncomfortable, you could have a spare pair of bottoms just in case (if you choose). Wear those bottoms loud and proud ladies!