To Girls Wearing "Cheeky" Bathing Suit Bottoms, Please Stop

This trend is ruining women's dignity, and it must be put to an end.
39181

As spring is starting to finally show its face after a long harsh winter, many women are becoming excited about all of the new spring fashion lines that are being released full of bright colors and fun pieces. However, upon the release of the new swimsuit line, I believe many women, including myself, are less than thrilled.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check it out. Just type "Bathing Suit Trends for 2017" into your Google search bar and "Cheeky" bikini bottoms will more than likely be at the top of your list. Coming from a female who cares about her body and self-image, this not only makes me angry but disappointed in the lack of value that women still have today.

First off, why should it be socially acceptable to wear basically a thong around in public in the summer months? Have bathing suit companies forgotten that often times, women are around young children and family members when sporting a bathing suit?

More importantly, what does it teach the younger generation who see women wearing these types of bathing suits? It surely doesn't teach them about having self-respect or dignity in themselves.

Now, I understand people are going to disagree with me saying things such as "Women should be free to wear whatever they want, men exercise that right, why shouldn't we?" or "If you're confident in it, rock it." Which if you're one of these people, I understand where you are coming from, BUT do you often see men roaming around in a speedo to attract attention?

The answer to that question is obviously no.

So... Why do women feel the need to succumb to showing more and more skin each year to attract attention?

Also, I'm all for the self-confidence, you should feel amazing and proud of what you wear; however, a line needs to be drawn firmly in the sand in regards to what is appropriate and what is not and "cheeky" bathing suit bottoms are not appropriate.

I mean think of yourself as a parent, would you want to see your daughter flaunting "her stuff" in a bathing suit that barely covers anything while boys flock to her every side? I think not.

Although I know many women this summer will not be listening to my advice, however, for those of you who do, thank you for showing respect to your bodies as well as yourselves. Our world needs more women like you to prove that we are characters of substance and value, not just itemized beauty to gawk at.

As for me, you'll find me this summer laying on a beach with a bathing suit that fully covers my behind.

SEE ALSO: A Response To The Woman Telling Girls Not To Wear Cheeky Swimsuits