11 Reasons To Resist The Urge Of 'Cuffing Season'

Because why have "cuffing season" when you could have "laying in bed all day with no obligations season?"

166
scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The leaves are falling, the temperature is dropping, and winter is quickly approaching. It's that time of year guys...cuffing season. This is that time of year where everyone rushes to get "cuffed" or to seek out a romantic relationship. Why does everyone suddenly want to be in a relationship this time of year? It may have something to do with the cold weather, and wanting someone to snuggle through it with. Or maybe it's so that you don't have to return home for winter break and be interrogated by your family over why you're not in a relationship. There's a good chance it also has something to do with the fact that girls want to borrow their boyfriends' sweatshirts, but it's sort of hard to do that without an actual boyfriend.

Regardless, for some reason, people during this time of year can get a bit obsessive about getting 'cuffed'. While being in love is cute and all, here are some reasons that it's perfectly okay to fly solo this season!

1. Shaving is no longer a necessity

As the temperature drops, there is no longer a need to constantly shave since everyone is wearing pants anyway. So No-Shave-November can quite easily become No-Shave-Under 40 degrees! If you're in a relationship, you may decide to shave for that reason. But if you're single, you can say hasta la vista to your razor until spring!

2. Eat anything and everything!

As clothing becomes thicker, you can get away with gaining a few pounds without anyone really being able to tell. This means you don't have anything stopping you from eating a ton of candy on Halloween, stuffing your face on Thanksgiving, and then repeating on Christmas!

3. No sneaking around

In college, relationships can be a bit tough. One of the many struggles being that most likely you have a roommate who won't appreciate your significant other constantly being around. So, if you don't have a SO to sneak around with, then the problem is completely eliminated!

4. Dress however you want for Halloween

It's a super trendy thing right now to do couples costumes right now, usually with each person compromising and not getting to be what they actually wanted to dress as. But, if you're single, then you don't have to sweat this and can dress as whatever or whoever you want.

5. Quality time with friends!

Sure, spending time with a SO is great and all, but friends are great as well! And the less time you have to spend on a romantic relationship, the more time you have to dedicate to your platonic relationships!

6. More money

Along with being time-consuming, relationships can also be a tad expensive. But, if you're eating in on the weekend instead of going out to eat constantly, you can put that money saved towards whatever you please.

7. More opportunities

Relationships take commitment, and sometimes this can mean missing out on amazing opportunities. Take studying abroad, for example, this is an amazing experience that so many students say is a necessity (if a possibility) through one's college path. But, you may have to hold back if you're in a relationship and don't think you're quite ready to try long distance yet.

8. Everything is casual

A great part of being single is the fact that you don't have to sweat about where you are in a relationship and if things are getting serious or not. You know nothing is too serious at the moment and you're fine with that!

9. You get the whole bed to yourself

Don't get me wrong, snuggling is cute and all. But you know what's really cute? Getting to sprawl out in bed and having the whole blanket to yourself.

10. No fighting over what to watch

When Netflix and chill actually involves paying attention to what's on the screen, there can be clashes over what to watch. But a great part of being single is you get to choose all on your own!

11. Lazy days can be any day!

Want to spend your Saturday with no one except Netflix and a fuzzy blanket, no problem!

Don't get me wrong, if you want to get a boo to spend this season with, all the power to you girl or guy, I'm not assuming anything. But, these are just a few reasons so you don't feel like this is your only choice.