RES LIFE BEST LIFE

RES LIFE BEST LIFE

Living with intentions.

16
RES LIFE BEST LIFE
Kayla Witt

We have reached the middle of the fall semester and life is getting crazy. Classes are in full swing, and homework is consuming everyone's evening. Everyone has almost mastered trying to balance friendships and schoolwork. Well maybe. I am currently living in the freshman women dormitory working as an RA. Let me tell it's the best life.

If I am completely honest I was really nervous to meet the girls who would be living with me this year. With only being a year older than them the challenge was wanting them to see me as an authority figure, but also a friend. But boy has the Lord shut out all of my worries and continues to bless me with each day spent with them.

Every other Wednesday we meet in my room for a thing called, Connect Group. It has allowed us to open up about where we are in our Walk with Christ and encourage one another through each struggle we are facing. It has been super refreshing to just meet girls who are so excited about the fact the Lord has placed them here at OBU for college. They are so full of life and it has been an encouragement to me because sophomore year has been hard.

One of favorite things about being an RA this year is our spontaneous hall parties. One week we ate pizza while watching the Office. It was so nice to take a break from doing homework and just hang out with one another. This week we are having a painting party to spice up the hall with some fall decorations.

I have also been blessed to with an amazing boss. She has been such a constant reminder that no matter how hard days get the Lord is working. She has been there to give me a hug or a coffee when I need. I love working for her and having her as my mentor.

Being on Res Life this short time has taught me about living with intentions. It is my job to make sure these girls are transitioning into college as smoothly as they can. It my job to pour into them the way my boss is pouring into me. The idea that living for Christ within a commuity is super important, and makes living in commuity a lot eaiser.

#RESLIFEBESTLIFE