12 Qualities Of People Who Require 8 Hours Of Sleep

8 is a magical number.

78
Sofia Medrano

Some young people treat sleep like a competition. "Oh, I stayed up until 5am and only got two hours of sleep last night." "Really? I pulled an all nighter." But if you're someone who knows that they require the recommended 8 hours of sleep per night, you know that those games aren't for you. You prioritize sleep, and that's ok. Here are 12 qualities of someone like you:

1. You excel at calculating time.

The switch from 12 to 1 doesn't trip you up when deciding what time you have to go to bed given the time you have to wake up in the morning.

2. Your roommate might slightly hate you.

Or at least be jealous at the amount of sleep you get. It's not that you don't have other responsibilities you should be taking care of, but you will get them done more efficiently and effectively once you are well-rested.

3. You don't really use the snooze button.

Since you always prioritize getting a good amount of sleep, when your alarm goes off in the morning, rolling out of bed isn't so hard.

4. You have an early bedtime.

If you have to be up at 6 am to get ready for work, you can bet that you'll be crawling into bed by 9:30 pm.

5. You get annoyed when people disrupt your schedule.

You understand if it's an emergency or something unexpected, but if your crush thinks you're about to stay up talking to them until the wee hours of the morning, they've got another thing comin'.

6. If you get less than those 8 hours, people should stay out of your way.

You don't understand how your friends pull all-nighters or operate on four hours of sleep. That just doesn't cut it for you. Sometimes you even get physically sick if you have less than those full 8 hours.

7. Sometimes it prompts you to procrastinate.

Sure, it would have been nice to have a certain task finished before you went to bed, but once you are well-rested, you should be able to crank it out quickly tomorrow!

8. You plan your evenings entirely around what you have planned the next morning.

You're volunteering at 8 am on Saturday? Looks like you're staying in on Friday night.

9. You really don't mind mornings.

You may not be a morning person, but after getting those precious 8 hours, you're somewhat refreshed and ready to take on your day.

10. If you share a bedroom, you're probably a heavy sleeper.

So your roommate walks in at 1 am when you've already been sleeping for 3 hours? They don't have to worry about being quiet — you're out like a rock. In fact, you probably fell asleep with the light on so that they could get ready for bed easily.

11. Naps aren't really your thing.

Since you rest well at night, you don't find yourself needing an afternoon nap quite as often. The exceptions to this are when you are sick or if you didn't get your magic 8 the night before.

12. You realize that sleep is key to your physical and mental health and wellbeing.

And you probably preach this to everyone you know.