#Repealthe19th
Politics

#Repealthe19th

I hope you're kidding.

13
#Repealthe19th
Like Success

Watching the constant bickering, crude remarks, and audience activity throughout the second Presidential debate, I felt compelled to turn it off the instant I started watching. However, I managed to plow through about halfway before deciding to watch the rest the rest the next day. I didn’t think this election could get any worse or juvenile than it already is.

Apparently I was wrong.

This Tuesday, polls were released showing who would become our beloved Commander-in-Chief if only the males in our country were to vote, versus only females. The male result is pictured below.

Surprise, surprise.

As soon as this photo emerged, Republic GOP officials and Trump fans began to rear their ugly heads via Twitter:

I honestly thought this was a joke at first. Women fought for years to be granted the right to vote. And now because of one immature presidential candidate, that deserves to be taken away? I don’t think so.

And what disturbs me most about this inhumane hashtag is that women are supporting it, such as the examples shown below. I don’t know about my fellow ladies, but I love being able to have a voice in my country. I’ve watched both debates, obnoxious as they were; I’m registered to vote this coming November. I don’t have a clue why I would want that stripped away from me. Women have a voice; we deserve to be heard. Men definitely did not “give us” the right to vote, it was a feature of life not granted to us until we fought for it.

So when voting this November 8th (not the 28th), I urge you to think carefully about what has been said and documented throughout this election. The fact that we have people wanting to take away a basic right of women makes me anxious for what is to come. Think about your choice, and vote accordingly. As a strong woman, I know I will be.