Remember The Memories

Remember The Memories

Memories are the most important thing in the world. Where we make them? That's a close second.

8
Remember The Memories
Grace Dosdall

She was amazing. She was a maroon color with the most amazing tan leather. She had been in my life for years now and she was finally mine. I had taken her with me to get food, go shopping, hang out with my friends, pretty much anywhere I went she came with me. She was the biggest part of my life. She was with me for everything.

Penelope - that was her name. She was perfect in every way. With her I felt safe, I felt at home. She was my everything. Exactly what I was looking for.

She was everything anyone would want in a car.

Okay, okay, I know this is kind of a stretch and maybe not where you thought I was going with this, but everyone remembers their first car. It's a milestone, something you look forward to when you are 5 years old. Car's are important - they get you from place to place, of course, that's obvious. But the thing people rarely think about is the memories that are made in your first car.

Your car is the place where you and your friends go to Wendy's drive-through to get some Frosty's, this is where some had their first kiss, this is where you played your high school's Nerf War and where you had talks with you best friend at 3:00 am while sitting in the driveway.

Think to yourself right now. What if your car had ears?

Not only would it hear the terrible singing, it would hear all of the things you yell at other drivers, all of the shit you talk about people. Be honest - if your car had ears it would know you better than anyone.

We all do the weirdest shit in our cars. We talk to ourselves, we talk to other people, we talk shit, profess love, cry, yell, fight, and, and, and...if you say you've never done any of these things, you're lying.

More, than that, though, if you're car had ears, it might actually hate you. You can be your worst self in your car because no one else is listening or around to be witness to it. When you're in a bad mood and your car acts up a little bit, we treat it like our car is the worst thing in the world when, in reality, it helps us through so much.

Now, because we all know how important your first car is, we also know how much that car means to you and how terrible it is when that car dies.

That's what happened to me. If it hasn't happened to you yet, you're lucky. Just wait, though, it'll happen to you.

And when it does, remember the memories.

RIP Penelope, the best car I could ask for.