Be Still
Religion

Be Still

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." — Exodus 14:14

107
Be Still

You need only to be still.

How many times do you find yourself in the same mindset as the Israelites when Pharaoh and the Egyptian army were going after them. They began to question moses asking Why did you take us here to die? why couldn't I just serve them and not die.

You see I get in this mindset quite a bit I see my sin and how big it is and I forget how strong my God is. You see I look at my sin and I look at myself alone and I am weak I am nothing I am tiny only a speck when compared to my sin but I forget that the Holy Spirit inside of me triumphs over every bit of hell over every bit of sin.

17 When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, "If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt." 18 So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea.[a] The Israelites went up out of Egypt ready for battle.

19 Moses took the bones of Joseph with him because Joseph had made the Israelites swear an oath. He had said, "God will surely come to your aid, and then you must carry my bones up with you from this place."[b]

20 After leaving Sukkoth they camped at Etham on the edge of the desert. 21 By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night. 22 Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people.

14 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 "Tell the Israelites to turn back and encamp near Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea. They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal Zephon. 3 Pharaoh will think, 'The Israelites are wandering around the land in confusion, hemmed in by the desert.' 4 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord." So the Israelites did this.

5 When the king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, Pharaoh and his officials changed their minds about them and said, "What have we done? We have let the Israelites go and have lost their services!" 6 So he had his chariot made ready and took his army with him. 7 He took six hundred of the best chariots, along with all the other chariots of Egypt, with officers over all of them. 8 The Lordhardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, so that he pursued the Israelites, who were marching out boldly. 9 The Egyptians—all Pharaoh's horses and chariots, horsemen[c] and troops — pursued the Israelites and overtook them as they camped by the sea near Pi Hahiroth, opposite Baal Zephon.

10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. 11 They said to Moses, "Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn't we say to you in Egypt, 'Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians'? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!"

13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

How many times do you find yourself in the same mindset as the Israelites when Pharaoh and the Egyptian army we're going after them? The Israelites began to question Moses asking him why he brought them to the desert to die when they could've just served the Egyptians because that would be better than death right?

We get in this mindset where we just give up we fall down and we forget who God called us to be we forget His promises to us. We just see our sin and I tell you what when you compare yourself apart from God to your sin you are weak you are just a tiny speck but you see with God and with the Holy Spirit there is no bit of hell or darkness you will not triumph over.

Moses replied to the Israelites disbelief with this "Do not be afraid. Stand Firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

You see, sometime in your faith, you are going to come to a place where you cannot escape where every thing, sin and person is going to creep up on you and you are going to feel completely exhausted and you are going to want to give up but in that moment you are going to have to trust in His promises to deliver you and remember that He brought you here and He is going to make a way for you even if it means splitting the Red Sea. You need only to trust in Him and His goodness and He will fight for you when you feel there's no other way. God is good. He is really good and it's time to get up and refuse to listen to the lies of the enemy it's time to be BOLD IN JESUS because He's not going to let you do this alone all you have to do is ask for Him