What To Give Up For Lent

It is that time of year again! Lent is quickly approaching, and soon it will be Easter. Lent is a time where we are called to give something up for 40 days, coinciding with the 40 days that Jesus went into the desert. During this time, Jesus was tempted by the devil and roamed around the desert. When he returned that is when he is crucified and dies on the cross, but then he rises from the dead on the third day, Sunday (Easter). This is why it is so important for us to reflect on our own lives and sacrifice something for these 40 days with Jesus. While there are many things to give up, this is just a small list of some possibilities, depending on what you struggle with. Be honest with yourself and choose something that is actually going to be a challenge. It's important to remember that even though you are giving something up, always love one another and love God.

1. Dessert

2. Dairy

3. Chocolate

4. Soda

5. Coffee

6. Fast food

7. Ordering out/takeout

8. Eating excessive amounts

9. Gossiping

10. Swearing

11. Lying

Complaining

13. Social media

14. Self-deprecating jokes

15. Comparing yourself to others

16. Being too critical of yourself and others

17. Buying unnecessary items/clothes

18. Sleeping in

19. Being lazy

20. Sex

21. Drugs (like alcohol, cigarettes, juuls, etc.)

22. Television

23. Old clothes you don't wear anymore - donate them!

24. Video games

25. Unforgiveness