Ways To Relieve Stress

6 Ways To Cancel Stress During Exam Season

Good luck to all the students studying for exams, you'll make it through!

44

We all have those weeks jam-packed with exams, meetings, group projects and philanthropy events. That's what the middle of fall semester is — trying to fit in every event possible while still doing well in school. Here are six of my favorite ways to relieve stress during exam season.

1. Do yoga

Taking an hour out of your week to de-stress through yoga both refocuses and reenergizes you, making it much easier to accomplish the other tasks on your to-do list. You'll feel so much better mentally and physically afterward as well!

2. Sleep

While it sounds like a good idea to pull an all-nighter before an exam, don't do it! Your brain needs sleep to function, and trying to take an exam while trying not to fall asleep is harder than it sounds.

3. Eat healthy

Providing your mind and body with the nutrients it needs while undergoing times of stress is key to both supporting your immune system and keeping your brain focused. Eat an apple or some almonds while studying and make sure to get plenty of protein and veggies!

4. Be social

Get a study room with your friends, hang out at the library or grab lunch and study — whatever helps get you out of your normal study spot and into someplace new. Changing scenery can make you focus more, and meeting with your friends can make studying more enjoyable!

5. Drink water

Water helps the body in times of stress, and it also helps your brain stay focused so that you can study and get your work done.

6. Go to office hours

Many times, a professor can tell you exactly what you need to know or how to study, which can cut down the amount of time or energy that you might spend trying to review every concept that's been talked about or covered in class. Also, make sure to prepare far enough in advance that you can ask questions before the exam and feel confident before taking it!