Time Management And Punctuality When You're Dating Is Everything
Dating

Time Management and Punctuality When You're Dating Is Everything

Making sure you are on time for dates is essential to beginning and maintaining a successful relationship.

1937

Time management is an invaluable skill that few have a true mastery over. Distractions, impatience, and unexpected developments sideline almost everyone's ability to maintain tight control over their time. It's highly frustrating, but with a certain level of preparedness, most situations can be handled. It all comes down to a person's willingness to patiently think about future events and devising methods that permit easy handling of any unknown factors. Implementing this skill is not just helpful for yourself. It's needed if you want to be respectful of another's time, especially if you are dating them.

Though it initially seems less important, time management and punctuality are crucial in relationships. You'll be spending a good chunck of time with someone else, so appearing on time is necessary for a variety of different reasons.

Whether you are eating out, seeing a movie, or going out for bowling, if you don't consistently arrive on time or you allow your private life to interfere with your dating life, things are going to go bad fast. Your potential partner needs to know that you care enough to not waste their time. If you come to a date half an hour late, you have damaged their ability to believe you are reliable.

Even consistently coming ten or fifteen minutes late to dates can become a big nuisance in a developing relationship. It breeds a lack of trust in planned occasions between the two of you. A good person who is dating someone with poor time management skills can tolerate their potential partner's mistakes, but only for so many times.

Frustration is the first initial feeling, as expectations for a timely date are left disappointed and one's valuable time is wasted. Then, comes ambivalence or more than likely, an end to any further romantic interest from the person you are dating.

I have come across friends who have expressed their annoyance when they started dating someone and their date was almost always late. The last feeling anyone should have when dating a person is annoyance toward that person and it killed their desire to pursue a relationship with the person.

It's certainly understandable for a person to be late for dates. Everyone has a busy schedule, and sometimes things don't work out like they were planned. If you think you are going to have time management issues when you are dating, then bide your time and wait for when you have more flexibility or have the ability to manage your time well.

In this day and age, time is highly valuable and anyone who sacrifices your time due to negligence or poor handling of their own time is not worth engaging in for a romantic relationship. Time should be spent with individuals who genuinely interested in making an experience for you.

If they cannot begin an experience without having to inconvenience you, then their interest should be suspected. They may not be able to take it as seriously as they should and the relationship, more than likely, will result in agitation and disappointment.