I'll Get Married In My Twenties But That Doesn't Mean I'm Doing It For The Dream Wedding

I'm 22 And I Care A LOT More About Marriage Than Having A Pinterest-Perfect Wedding

At the end of the day the only important thing is that I get to marry the love of my life.

244

About a month ago a fellow Odyssey writer wrote an article titled "Girls Who Get Married AT 20 Care More About Their Dream Wedding Than Their Actual Marriage." I have to admit the writer does make some good points, but I do have to really disagree with this article. Overall yes, marriage is a full-time job and a super hard thing to do, but there is such beauty in that. At the end of the day no matter how old you are, the most important thing is that you get to marry the love of your life.

Whether you are 20 or 65, if you are marrying the person you love, that is more important than anything else.

Just because someone may be 19 or 20 years old when they get married, doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. There are a lot of people who have faced many things and they are wiser beyond their years by the time they reach 20. So does that mean just because they are young they shouldn't get married? No, it does not.

Just because you get married young, does not mean that you throw your whole life away or that you will have absolutely no freedom or money. Being married is a whole new adventure and yes everything won't always be perfect, but life never is.

We go through ups and downs, the good times and the bad, but we get to do it with our best friend.

Marriage is a two-way street and a place where you get to support each other. It is a place where you can be there and support each other. It is not something that is meant to restrict your freedom. Just because you're married does not mean you lose your life. Just because you get married does not mean all of your money will be gone, yes there may be times where your financial situation may not be the best but that doesn't mean you shouldn't get married. Part of marriage is just figuring out how to do things together and you may not get it right the first time and that's OK, it is something you have to learn together.

Whether you get married young or old, at the end of the day the most important thing is that you get to marry the person you love and all of the other things will fall into place.

Sometimes getting married young can be a tough situation, but people are going to do what they want to do and if they are with the person they love then does it really matter? If you are living your life and being independent, marriage doesn't destroy that independence, it makes it more fun because you have someone who will constantly support you and be your partner in crime through it all.

So do I believe that people shouldn't get married young? No.

I think if people want to get married young they can, they just need to work with their significant others and be able to trust each other with everything. Because if you aren't working together then what are you doing anyway? Marriage is such a beautiful blessing because you get to share your life with the person who makes you the happiest.

Marriage isn't a cage, it is a beautiful adventure you get to share with your best friend.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.