Letter to boyfriend on your anniversary

To My Boyfriend On Our 3 Year Anniversary

I guess time really does fly when you're having fun!

3539

My love,

After three years of being in a relationship, I just wanted to thank you. You have taught me so much about who I am as a person and have trusted me enough to show me who you are, even the sides that you may not always show people. You have helped me grow more confident in myself and the choices I make because you support me even when I do something stupid. Even though we started dating when we were relatively young, being together has really shown me what a healthy and mature relationship looks like. Being best friends first has really created a sturdy foundation for our relationship that overcomes the silly fights that we have.

We understand each other and accept one another for exactly who we are. There are no facades when we are together, I am unapologetically me and I know you love me for it. I never have to hide what I am feeling because you probably already know it anyway. We have an insane amount of fun doing absolutely nothing. I'd say this is because we really just get along. You really are my best friend, as well as being everything I could want in a boyfriend. You have helped me to realize that relationships are partnerships. We are equals and love each other the same. There is no jealousy or competition because we are unconditionally supportive of each other... and it is as simple as that.

Listen, I know that I am not always the easiest person to deal with. I overthink and sometimes create problems that don't exist (typical girl), but you have been nothing but understanding and patient with me for three whole years. You know me so well and this makes being together so easy. Like I said before, there is no point in hiding anything because chances are that we both already know that something is wrong. I never have to question your love; you prove to me every day that you love and care about me. Even when we were away at two different colleges, I never had to question our relationship or worry if you would ever be unfaithful. I never really even worried if we would stay together, and like you once said, we made staying together during freshman year look easy. And honestly, it was easy… everything usually is with us.

Basically, all I wanted to say is thank you. Thank you for being you and for being my equal partner and best friend. Everything feels like an adventure with you, and I can't wait for more. I love you more than I ever thought I could. What we have is special, I know that, and I hope that one day everyone can find a love like ours.

You and I against the world,

Nicole